Need help!! Seafoam question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I was reading through the forums the other night and came across this thread HERE about using Seafoam. Sounded like it works pretty well and my truck has 194,000 on it. I haven't had a problem with it yet BUT today when I went out and started it sounds like I have a lifter sticking....:uhoh2: I am going to try the Seafoam to hopefully fix the problem. Now I know from reading it that you can suck part of the can through brake booster vacuum line and pour the rest in the oil correct? Then you drive it around hard and change the oil in approximately 100 miles...Right???

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, would I be good with just one can or should I go ahead and grab two just in case?

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok sounds good...hope it works for me to fix the lifter ticking.

Last edited:

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One can is enough.

Well I was going to buy one to put through the vac line and in oil. And then another to put in the gas tank in the near future. Or is that over kill? It says on their site that it can clean injectors when using in gas tank.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One other question...is it necessary to kill the engine out with the sea foam or can I just shut it off myself after sucking the correct amount through the vac line? From what I was reading on another site, killing the engine out can possibly do damage.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just shut it off yourself. might wanna have someone hold the gas a little bit to keep the rpms up so it doesnt die.

my 96 could barely stay running with that brake booster hose off.