Need help real quick on cargo light button!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me which wire is the power behind the cargo light button dash on a 97 k1500....it has orange,blue/white,gray and black I ruled black out as ground but I want to use cargo ligh button to power something else so when I turn it on it turns on lights and something else...thanks in advance and please ASAP Im trying to finish an install

orangeastre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going from memory I am pretty sure the blue/white is the wire that goes live when the cargo light switch is activated.I don't think it is has a ver high current rating though.You may need to add a relay to up the current to keep things safe.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use mine for my compressor since my cargo is no mo. Just swing by your local auto parts store and pick up a 12v test light. It will save u in the long run.

Daddie2k3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks y'all

@smurf to be honest I have test light but I couldn't get my wire harness to release and I was scared I was going to break so I know I could get the answer here