Need help if someone can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
More information would help. What do you mean 'chipped' are you running a JET or Hypertech chip or some other off the shelf chip? Those generally are garbage. If the TBI unit has 200K miles, it really needs to be rebuilt anyways, it might not be your problem, but you won't know until you pop it off and have a look, sometimes the vacuum passages on the bottom of the throttle body will get gummed with carbon and other trash. Also, this carbon buildup (if present) could be screwing up your IAC which is basically a computer controlled air leak.

^^ What he said!

ep-80

Reaction score
ok sorry guys i didnt write back still dealing with this truck, it has a hypertech chip in it dont know what one, ( i know there is two differ ones) I bought the truck with it in. To back track to where the problem started would be when it died on me when i was at stop light. My friend and I thought it might have been the coil cause it was not getting any spark so replaced it and that did nothing. I did a full tune up rotor, cap, plugs, and wires did nothing also. So i replaced the Ing mod and then it started up. so i thought that was it. then i saw my RPM gauge was not right (it would jump when moving up in RPM's) and it felt it had a miss fire every other time and it would die on me when at idle. (I could hear it in the exhaust and fell it from the engine) So i took it to my friends shop so they could just go threw the truck and check it all, it was not throwing any codes at the time.They checked Fuel psi, my EGR, for Vac Leaks, i mean it all, and came up empty handed. Then one day when i was drving my truck it threw a code so i took it to my friends shop so they can see what it was, it said it was my distributor and my ESC. so i just replaced the Dist. (yes it was timed right) and my RPM gauge was fixed but that didnt fix the miss fire feeling it had or the dying part either. So i just fig it was the ESC, so i replaced it and its the same story still. Now im getting pissed cause this is my only thing i have to get to work with out trying to bum rides off friends. My friend thought it was my TPS cause he had something almost the same with his dad's truck so.... what the hell right dideverything else. I got a new one and put it in, when i went to go fire it up it ran then dired. And i tryed to start it back up and got nothing. So i put the old TPS and got the same thing no fire. Then i wanted to just try something i replaced the Ing Mod again and it fired up but i still have the miss fire feeling (its only every other time) and it will still die at an idle. This is where i am at now, thank you all for your inputs about this. I just really want my Blazer back haha.

ep-80

Reaction score
and we did un-hook the wire and we did set it to 0, the timing is dead on unless it my chip or the ECM are bad. the idle will only surge sometimes, its weird. it will run smooth for alittle bit then surge, sometimes its a small surge then sometimes it kills the truck. I will check the wires from the pick up coil but that is all new, But i have not checked the wires from the Dist to the coil. I will just replace them that way i know they are new also.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my old old 88 chevy cheynne 4x4 have the same problem ecm and the egr the egr was old and the ecm was old i did a full tune up and rebuild on my tb are it ran like a ***** date

ep-80

Reaction score
ok guys sorry i have not been on, just been super busy. But the truck is fixed it turns out it was just a spark plug on the #8 cylinder. Yes i know LAME! but the rpm gauge is working and no more miss firing. I just put those plugs in when the ICM went out. They were ACDelco plugs and now i have Autolites and they r working great. I thank you all for your help guys. Sorry it wasnt some thing cooler haha