Need Headlight Help! Single Headlight Sierra?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96K4X4

Reaction score
The headligghts on my truck seem pretty dull. I was wondering if there was a place that sells these headlights or if theres a way to make mine better. Maybe an HID mod or a way to clean them? Please let me know what you are thinking. thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Those are a common sealed beam headlight, You can get them just about anywhere.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For halogen lights, IMO the best upgrade for a halogen set up is the Sylvania Silverstar and the silverstar ultras. The OEM sealed beams left a lot to be desired. A REALLY good upgrade, is to install a Good HD Headlight Harness to provide your headlights the full 13.8V+ to allow your lights to run at 100% intensity! With a HD Harness and Sylvania Silverstars will make a night and day difference!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
For halogen lights, IMO the best upgrade for a halogen set up is the Sylvania Silverstar and the silverstar ultras. The OEM sealed beams left a lot to be desired. A REALLY good upgrade, is to install a Good HD Headlight Harness to provide your headlights the full 13.8V+ to allow your lights to run at 100% intensity! With a HD Harness and Sylvania Silverstars will make a night and day difference!

Add the above harness and HIDs and this could be you!

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Granted thats just HID only in that pic since winter hit before i had a chance to install my harness.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
On the w/t model which is what you have with the single sealed beam headlights you can also get the h4 style conversion headlights (i dont remember exactly what equivalence it is for fullsize, i know darkrider can answer for sure) the ones for our truck arent h4 but none the less the make a replacement for the sealed beam to make it composite and you can run hid's with them

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
On the w/t model which is what you have with the single sealed beam headlights you can also get the h4 style conversion headlights (i dont remember exactly what equivalence it is for fullsize, i know darkrider can answer for sure) the ones for our truck arent h4 but none the less the make a replacement for the sealed beam to make it composite and you can run hid's with them

The stock headlight number is H6054.

Here is a listing of H4 conversion lenses in that size

http://www.summitracing.com/search/...ht-conversion-kits/oem-headlight-number/h6054

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

Last edited:

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
a cheap way to go is to get a piece of 3000 grit wet/dry sand paper and let dry, clean them with some wax/grease remover,then 2 coats of clear and will look good as new

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a cheap way to go is to get a piece of 3000 grit wet/dry sand paper and let dry, clean them with some wax/grease remover,then 2 coats of clear and will look good as new

As Chris said, he has glass sealed beams. The sealed beams issue's aren't from yellowing, it's partially due to the limits of the bulb itself. The OEM sealed beams where far from bright.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Mm-k with all that good info. A cheap intown replacement the sylvania ultra nightvision best lights you can buy at a store. About $20 a piece. Or go to summit and order the hellas only!!! But I would only go this route if you are planning to buy HIDs other wise you are way money ahead with the sylvanias.

Thats all I got

Crewcab Steve.