Need fuel pump help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
How hard was it to push that unit back in the tank and twist it tight? The one I did was a really ***** twisting tight.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard was it to push that unit back in the tank and twist it tight? The one I did was a really ***** twisting tight.

Wasn't hard at all. I mean it was a bit tight pushing it into the tank, but not hard. And I didn't have to twist the pump tight, for me it was push it in, hold it down, slightly twist the lock ring, and then spin the lock ring all the way with a chisel and hammer.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Wasn't hard at all. I mean it was a bit tight pushing it into the tank, but not hard. And I didn't have to twist the pump tight, for me it was push it in, hold it down, slightly twist the lock ring, and then spin the lock ring all the way with a chisel and hammer.

Yeah, that's what I meant, twisting that lock ring; But for some reason I was thinking I turned the unit itself.

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after being away in Maine and being way too busy around the house to work on the truck, I finally started working on it again. I sealed up the hole on the pump and spliced in the new connector to plug the pump into, but I've run into yet another problem.

As I mentioned earlier, I cut off the quick connects from the old pump, leaving a small bit of the plastic left in the line, but now when I go to get the old piece out with a quick disconnect tool, it won't come out. WTF

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what I'm having problems with;

You must be registered for see images attach

Cartman372

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind, got it fixed and finished. Finally have a running truck. :D Thanks for the help guys :D