Need brake light wiring diagram for 1991 c1500 .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
Also would like to know if anyone has a diagram of the power distribution to the fuse box, Im not getting power to the brake fuse. Edit: I was checking for power with the key off..lol I have power at the fuse now so My problem is elsewhere in the system and Im reading the manuals now. Thanks.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upload your Manual here for free.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
already done, found them after the post, I tried back feeding power though the brake fuse and the frigging climate control stays on after you turn off the key ..lol Its a hell of a mess. turn signals work fine, running lights work but I got no hazards and no brake lights.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
Well Im a dumbass, I was dealing with the wrong fuse..LOL I was checking from the brake fuse and not the stop fuse..lol the stop fuse was blown so I changed it and now the brake light wont turn off.lol and the key in ignition wont shut off . any ideas?

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the brake switch above your feet. If you've the manuals , Section 8 has all the wire diagrams.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
I got it figured out, The brake lights would stay on. and they were causing the running lights to be on also. I was chasing multiple issues. Someone has wrapped a spring around the pedal arm to keep the pedal on the stop to turn off the lights. the eye for the booster rod has a slight amount of play and wouldnt turn off the brake lights unless you pulled up slightly on the pedal . Come to find out the trailer wiring was a tad janky and was backfeeding the running lights, as for the brake lights a simple adjustment to the switch solved the problem. Its all good now. just need to go through the brakes now and do an ABS delete and rebuild the rear wheel cyls and install new shoes.

Last edited: