Need a new radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
The oil cooler fitting. It's coming from there and there only.

Yea I would try Rtv or maybe some epoxy. Also try to find a short bolt to put in the fitting with some Teflon tape around that fitting as well as e bottom one on that side. Just go to Lowes or home Depot. I think it's like 3/8 or 1/2.

Via tapatalk on my Galaxy Tab 2

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh. No. It's not like that. It's not a bolt. It's much bigger. Like a nut. It's the second picture I posted. It's on the driver side just below the radiator hose that come from the thermostat housing.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Oh. No. It's not like that. It's not a bolt. It's much bigger. Like a nut. It's the second picture I posted. It's on the driver side just below the radiator hose that come from the thermostat housing.

Correct, that is the fitting that normally connects to oil lines. You should be able to plug the fitting with a bolt with the same thread pattern.

Via tapatalk on my Galaxy Tab 2

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Th problem is that the oil cooler pictured isn't servicable other than replacing the radiator. Smearing RTV around it won't do anything. You can try to tighten that fitting, but doubt it will help much.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So. If I took that fitting off than put rtv on it. And put it back still won't do anything?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
DON'T take that fitting off! Taking that fitting off will just totally ruin the radiator. The cooler tube inside that tank will fall in and you will have a very large hole in that tank. Twisting it will cause the tube to break and you will be gushing coolant.

You can try to snug it a little, but not too much.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just get one from a junkyard that tests them if you are tight on cash. I got a 4 core rad from an avalanche in my truck for $75

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got this one back in oct, is was a few $$ cheaper and free shipping. You can sign up for prime shipping to get it with in two days for free, and then cancel it after free offer
You must be registered for see images

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk