Need a new radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first picture is the trans cooler. I think it does remove. The second one is where it is leaking. And the 3rd is the bottom.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
I just replaced mine with the HD cooling version from spectra. Bolt in, noting special, just twice the thickness. Amazon had a good price.

It had the oil and transmission coolers built in, but you don't need to hook them up if you didn't have one from the factory.

Via tapatalk on my Galaxy Tab 2

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
The first picture is the trans cooler. I think it does remove. The second one is where it is leaking. And the 3rd is the bottom.

The transmission cooler is in front of the a/c condenser. You don't need to worry about it if that isn't leaking.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well no the little cap thing in the second picture is. Thought about spraying it with brake clean than going around it with rtv.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Well no the little cap thing in the second picture is. Thought about spraying it with brake clean than going around it with rtv.

If that is the top other driver's side, the top is the hose that connects to the engine neck/thermostat. The hole below that is the connector that goes to the oil filter for the built in oil cooler in the radiator. Looks like you either don't have that option or it's disconnected.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that's good to know. So no oil cooler. So now. Is there a way that the rtv might hold up? Like I said money is kinda tight. Moving and just put a full set of tires on my fiancés car. So. All my questions have been answered.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Well that's good to know. So no oil cooler. So now. Is there a way that the rtv might hold up? Like I said money is kinda tight. Moving and just put a full set of tires on my fiancés car. So. All my questions have been answered.

Possibly, can you tell exactly where it is leaking from? The hose, is there a crack, or from the oil cooler fitting?