NBS rear bumper progress picz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
glad i could get you back over here tyler

hope it helped everyone out who is trying to do this...if i had access to a cheap nbs bumper i would give it a try...but i think im gonna go with some customs front and rear at some point

Reaction score
damn, I just realized your truck is the Black RCSB w the XD hoss' I drool over all the time! LOL

haha yup, I should update my sig. picture over here.

Truck looks clean. I hope Griffin can get some help out of that well detailed instruction. Any plans on the front bumper?

I might colour match both bumpers? Its getting painted soon so I may just wait until then. I blew my race quad up so Im working on getting the motor back together ATM.

glad i could get you back over here tyler

hope it helped everyone out who is trying to do this...if i had access to a cheap nbs bumper i would give it a try...but i think im gonna go with some customs front and rear at some point

I picked the rear up for $60. My buddy put a SS on his 02. Looks unreal.

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my trucks painted I think ill be matching my rear, and doing a smoothie front bumper painted, and going back with the sport Chevy grille in mine. Haven't seen many 2wds w this mod Haha

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude Tyler......I CANNOT thank you enough right now...Everything you said just made a TON of sense about the brackets and all, but my question is after the "inner" brackets are removed from the NBS bumper what do I use to attach those? Also I'm a bit fuzzy on the piece I will need to be trimming but I do know exactly what you are talking about with it hitting and not wanting to fit perfectly. FINALLY man, someone with an answer. We need to either make this thread a sticky starting with Tyler's post, or Tyler, if you feel comfortable writing one up I can't tell you how much it would benefit idiots like me. Whenever you get time, let me know what you did with the inner brackets and exactly what you trimmed or what's hitting...Thank you A MILLION.

God I love the look of the NBS bumpers SO CLEAN!!! Mine is like yours but I got the work truck one that's grey and so I got the whole damn thing painted up!

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Dude Tyler......I CANNOT thank you enough right now...Everything you said just made a TON of sense about the brackets and all, but my question is after the "inner" brackets are removed from the NBS bumper what do I use to attach those? Also I'm a bit fuzzy on the piece I will need to be trimming but I do know exactly what you are talking about with it hitting and not wanting to fit perfectly. FINALLY man, someone with an answer. We need to either make this thread a sticky starting with Tyler's post, or Tyler, if you feel comfortable writing one up I can't tell you how much it would benefit idiots like me. Whenever you get time, let me know what you did with the inner brackets and exactly what you trimmed or what's hitting...Thank you A MILLION.

God I love the look of the NBS bumpers SO CLEAN!!! Mine is like yours but I got the work truck one that's grey and so I got the whole damn thing painted up!

Griffin as you bolt yours up if you take pictures, y'all can do a joint write up and I'll make it a sticky making sure you both get the credit y'all deserve, as this is a popular topic with very little technical data.

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little late but the guy who told you he could not weld the bumper was correct- even on the unpainted side the welds will stick but the heat transfer will cause the paint to bubble and peel. Good thing Ya dont have to weld to the new paint:pepper:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tyler I put the OBS brackets back on as you said and drilled the new holes, anyway got it on and bolted up the outter OBS brackets that I had just put on and well...It looks like I have a massive body lift. Looks exactly like trucks with 3" body lift bumpers...Where do I go from here???

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tyler also, I can angle it up but I just CANNOT get the bumper to actually raise up the couple inches needed...Also before I put the NBS bumper on I left the brackets on that are attached to the frame wells. The ones intended to go into the bumper and mount to the inners...I left that on and I'm wondering if that is what's constricting me from going up?? Either way I still not sure where to go from here so hopefully you can help me with that part.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Griffin as you bolt yours up if you take pictures, y'all can do a joint write up and I'll make it a sticky making sure you both get the credit y'all deserve, as this is a popular topic with very little technical data.

Will do! I just have to get the correct information myself :D

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tyler sorry to keep messaging but I just keep it going as I update. Like I said I got the bumper on earlier. It was just bad timing after working a 10 hr day in this Memphis humid heat so I didn't have much patience. I've got it somewhat tightened but basically I just need to get someone to lift on it and angle it just right and tighten it down. I got my dad to do this and tightened on one side but then the other side didn't want to hardly budge....I'm just wanting to know if you encountered this sort of thing or what you did...I almost need 3 people to help me....2 holding while I tighten but anyways lemme know what you think! I'm finally seeing the light at the end of this tunnel and I'm hoping I can get it aligned soon. I didn't realize you didn't have to mount it to the inner brackets at all...It's actually somewhat stable 1/2 tightened with just the outters now.

I was also thinking I could just unbolt the bumper again and wallow out the holes at the ends of the OBS brackets and make the bolt holes bigger toward the bottom so that way I have more room for adjustment upwards if that makes sense!

Last edited: