NBS rear bumper progress picz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Is there not enough room on the bracket to drill holes for the top bolts on them bumper? Also if it sits down that low u could always cut the brackets and offset them so it mounts up and get some angle iron for reinforcement, but I would try to make the brackets work before jumping in to cutting the brackets. If you got a close friend that is good with fabrication maybe you could brainstorm with him to get ideas on how to make it work. Im sure it wouldnt be to bad just aggrevating to figure out

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay guys so I put the OBS brackets on the NBS which turned out being a complete waste of time because when I line up the brackets to the holes....The bumper is jutting out the back by like an inch or two AND it needs to be raised another inch or two....I just don't get it. This is seeming more and more like a cut/weld job but everyone's closed for the 4th! So no progress will be made today. I may have a buddy come by later and check it out but he'll probably say the same. I can't believe noone remembered what they did for this.

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant remember what I decided. for the width issue, I was going to cut (2) pieces of 1 1/2" square tubing, and put between the support for the bumper and the bracket to get them to the right width.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rebeldawg did you not have any problems with vertical issues when it was lined up??? When I line up my outter brackets to where they fit if I had spacers, the bumper is still sits way too low and way too far out.....

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Hmm it sound almost like you have to tweak the obs brackets and drill new holes in your frame. I'd tack it in place then drill the new holes. That's the only way I can see you getting it to sit right where you want it

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant really remember, with the OBS brackets on it, I could slide it up and itd sit on the hitch and be even with the body line on the side of the truck. Im going to end up using an SUV bumper due to the fact its 2" narrower, and fits tighter.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only way I can see it sitting right is me dropping it off @ the body shop! I'm driving down to Bama soon to do the realift, double shock setup, and I'll probably just have Brett do the bumper then too.

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanna see pics of the bumper brackets draggin95 has, I would go stick mine up there, but Ive got all my parts stuck behind the truck haha. did you try flipping the brackets and switching sides and crazy **** like that?