my turn to attempt to convert the 93 to a 5 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
message Lextech for a pinout diagram of your truck (he might not have your year model though). Plus instead of reflashing you might be able to buy a chip from an auto parts store, just tell them you have a 5 speed and a 305. I dunno how much they are though.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the trucks done! speedo works, reverse light doesnt but ill try and look at that next week, i didnt hook those sensors up, it will start with out the clutch but im the only one that drives it so thats fine, i didnt do anything to my computer and no warning lights are on so all and all im very happy with how it turned out. problems i had were the y pipe not clearing the 5 speed tranny, and im gonna have to get my driveshaft cut, doesnt sound to good with the flip kit in the back, its on a horrible angle, and putting the dash in wasnt the most exciting thing ive done lol but im pretty proud of myself, i know nothing about working on cars, i just went at it off stuff on the forums and it turned out good

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good job! Make sure to get that driveshaft shortened asap, with a bad angle it can put irregular stress on both the transmission and the rearend and cause damage to both. Good work though

ATC200S1984

Reaction score
i finally found my parts truck and will be doing the same swap here shortly, ditching the 4.3 460le? i believe, for a 305 NV3500. seems straight forward, if there is a doner truck witch ill have rite besdie me.