My third gmt400...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're not bald, they just suck with snow. And no I'm not afraid, I've driven in snow a few times but rather not take the chance and hit something.

Not to make light of your situation, it just amuses me. Growing up in New Yuck, I've driven in winter conditions for over 25 years. Blizzards, plowing, pulling ill-equipped vehicles out of snow banks, that's my normal.

What makes me really laugh is my own brother, who moved south about 10 years ago, had forgotten how to drive in winter. He came up here to visit our (now passed) father last winter. He got stuck driving Dad's Kia Sorento because he didn't start braking early and slid through an icy intersection.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They're not bald, they just suck with snow. And no I'm not afraid, I've driven in snow a few times but rather not take the chance and hit something.

All tires suck in the snow, there's just no way around it and the heavier you are, the worse it is. Stuff is slick. I grew up in da U.P. of MI with around 200" of lake effect snow per year. I got out and play in the stuff. No hard feelings, I just like to poke a little fun at the guys who hardly ever see the white stuff. The way they treat the snow even here in CO is laughable. Back in MI the snow wasn't much of an excuse for being late or no showing unless you lived down a road that wasn't plowed.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got out and play in the stuff.
Back in the 70's we used to get together a couple times a year to drive up from Milwaukee, and make a 4 day weekend of skiing at Powder Horn and Iron Mountain (IIRC). All we had near us was Little Switzerland, not much more than a bunny hill. One time, on our last run of the last day, one of of the guys in our group broke his ankle so, we spent 4 hours in the hospital parking lot, tail gating and finishing off the quarter barrel in the back of a square body Suburban, LOL. Loved driving and playing in the snow:waytogo:

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
All tires suck in the snow, there's just no way around it and the heavier you are, the worse it is. Stuff is slick. I grew up in da U.P. of MI with around 200" of lake effect snow per year. I got out and play in the stuff. No hard feelings, I just like to poke a little fun at the guys who hardly ever see the white stuff. The way they treat the snow even here in CO is laughable. Back in MI the snow wasn't much of an excuse for being late or no showing unless you lived down a road that wasn't plowed.
We do see snow here in AR, but over the last few years it's been flurries. Today we actually 3 inches and with how cold it's been last few days, it actually stuck to the road this time. That G80 in the rear really helps make up for the tires that are on it. My driveway is on a upwards slope and I had no problem climbing it at a slow speed.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We do see snow here in AR, but over the last few years it's been flurries. Today we actually 3 inches and with how cold it's been last few days, it actually stuck to the road this time. That G80 in the rear really helps make up for the tires that are on it. My driveway is on a upwards slope and I had no problem climbing it at a slow speed.
Well now that you got 3 GMT400s maybe time for some MTs on one of em. I always say what's the point of a truck if you can't drive it in bad weather. I'm running Patagonia Milestar MTs and they chew snow like nothing, and I think I only paid like $500 for the set of 33s.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now u know damn well a non plowed rd still ain't an excuse up here! Lol my buddy has a little toyota hatch with snows on the front goes everywhere, even watched him push ppl out with it lol. Funny asf, half the snow goes under the car and other half goes over car while he's driving, head out side window going down the rd! It's that sporty celica hatchback one so real pointy in the front.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Now u know damn well a non plowed rd still ain't an excuse up here! Lol my buddy has a little toyota hatch with snows on the front goes everywhere, even watched him push ppl out with it lol. Funny asf, half the snow goes under the car and other half goes over car while he's driving, head out side window going down the rd! It's that sporty celica hatchback one so real pointy in the front.

The pikachu looking one! Yeah I never used it as an excuse, but some folks did. That said, it wasn't often.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
The truck drives pretty good despite it needs an alignment and the trans fluid is brown(I know, I know).

I pulled it into the garage to chance the cam sensor and noticed two things:
1. The distributor cap was held in place by a zip tie.
2. The cam sensor was actually disconnected.

I didn't think much of the dist. cap at the time, so I plugged the cam sensor back in and noticed the back of the distributor housing had a chunk missing from it. That's why it had a zip tie holding it down.

It being 8pm and no spare distributor parts, I zip tied the cap back on and started the truck. It ran good and I erased the cam code.

Of course it's not done with me and immediately threw a P1345, cam/crank correlation. So I will need a new distributor now and have the timing fine tuned.
You must be registered for see images attach