My TBI E-Fan Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, today while I was driving the electric fan controller died on me. Pulled over, put back the mechanical fan, and I'm back in business. If the controller only lasted like 10 uses I'm not going to trust it to get me across the country next year. Oh well, it was a good idea. Fans and controller are returned for a refund and I need to buy a new fan shroud since I tossed the original.

That's my concern me being on the road and I start having problems so I'm just keeping my fan on I do want to put a electrical fan only for when I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic here in Houston and my A/C isn't cooling as it should oh and I'm running underdrive pulleys.

Reaction score
I installed an electric fan as a pusher, wired up with relays for temp, A/C on or a manual switch so that I can activate it early when towing. I also removed the stock fan and installed a Flexlite fan. Sort of a belt and suspenders approach perhaps but it definitely does not overheat.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's not the most convenient but have you thought abt a switch in the cab to control the fans? In traffic it would be good or uphill climbs where the engine starts to heat up it'd be good to be able to flip em on an off

Reaction score
I know it's not the most convenient but have you thought abt a switch in the cab to control the fans? In traffic it would be good or uphill climbs where the engine starts to heat up it'd be good to be able to flip em on an off
That is what I did. See my reply above.