My TBI E-Fan Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loydw

Reaction score
I installed dual fans on my 94 when we put a V-8 in it. we used the fan shroud cut down to mount the fans and radiator. read some where fans need a shroud to force the air through the radiator. also having the same alternator problem the stock one just does not hack it good luck

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am running the LS1 fans on mine with the lowly cs130 105amp alternator. The voltage drops for a second when the fans kick on but it goes right back up once they are running. Sounds like your alternators are not working great.

mistaake

Reaction score
I am running the LS1 fans on mine with the lowly cs130 105amp alternator. The voltage drops for a second when the fans kick on but it goes right back up once they are running. Sounds like your alternators are not working great.

Mine would probably be fine if I put a slightly smaller pulley on it, since the problem mainly exists at idle in gear when RPM is at its lowest, but I am concerned about stressing an alternator that probably has 25 years and 250K miles on it (if it's original). I'm still interested to know what the easiest and cheapest upgrade options are.

mistaake

Reaction score
junkyard conversion with knowledge of the wiring would be the cheapest.

Hmm, Well which vehicle alternators would fit easily and give me more power? I can buy junkyard part or buy one through work, but I have no idea what vehicle to look to an alternator for?

And I'm still not sure where to put the wire to make the fans come on automatically with the AC compressor.

Thanks for any assistance.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I'm still not sure where to put the wire to make the fans come on automatically with the AC compressor.

Use the trigger wire on the a/c clutch as a trigger wire for a relay for the fan and call it done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mistaake

Reaction score
Well, today while I was driving the electric fan controller died on me. Pulled over, put back the mechanical fan, and I'm back in business. If the controller only lasted like 10 uses I'm not going to trust it to get me across the country next year. Oh well, it was a good idea. Fans and controller are returned for a refund and I need to buy a new fan shroud since I tossed the original.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
Hmm, Well which vehicle alternators would fit easily and give me more power? I can buy junkyard part or buy one through work, but I have no idea what vehicle to look to an alternator for?

sorry for the late reply. I went on vacation these past two weeks. on the compressor there is a wire coming from it that activates the fans. I would have a relay on it to activate the fans.