my other ride is a....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
sup guys got a quick question bout my beater and im not part of any other forum so here it goes. got a 1990 caprice with a 305 tbi and 87 305 carburated siitin on the stand in the garage. (got it for next to nothing) got fewer miles and less problems than the tbi that i know of so im gonna play with it and clean up the heads bla bla bla and drop it in im wondering if the tbi intake will fill with those heads/block ect. and any thing else that might not match up. thanks for any help

bigboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are trying to keep the throttle body on it and just want to switch out the blocks. You will need to pull the heads off the TBI motor and put them on the carb. motor. Or you could play with the intake for the TBI and see if you can make the bolt holes line up on the carb. motor. I would go to the junk yard and find a spare intake to do it with, that way if you mess it up your not out that much money and a downed vahicle.

Reaction score
na i shoulda read my post back to my self. k so i wanna put the tbi intake/throttle body ect. on the the 87 block (which has the carb now) that way i can drop it in hook it up and be done with it. no converting or any of that noize. just wanna know if a 1990 tbi intake will bolt in no prob. and i would LOVE to put a carbed 350 in but its not in the budget. im not tryin to make gains just get as many miles outta this car as i can. so i can put my money towards my real pride and joy. good idea bigboi