My new GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twostrokeking

Reaction score
thanks man! it is a 1995 k1500 with the 5.7 350. Stock engine with a TBI spacer. Its got a 6" lift with 35's and 15" eagle alloys. Its my baby!

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thinking about adding some bed caps to the truck.

im leaning towards black but not sure, opinions welcome. black aluminum or none.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the black. What brand are they? I need some as well.

mudeater

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know I've missed this thread but nice truck and I vote black for the bed caps.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Nice truck! I'd 2nd the black caps, chrome would just look funny.

Ok yeah I figured it has to be TBI and saw that as a con too. I have TBI and it is alot more simple and reliable, but TBI is OBDI, so you can't even use the OBDII scanner on them. I have the little paperclip style key and just have to count the blinks to get the code :/ It's lame and it is what it is but a PRO of the TBI over the vortec I'd have to say is that low end torque is better. I noticed my TBI has way more pulling torque and especially 4LO torque than a 5.7 vortec...

Would I rather have a vortec? Yes, but TBI will do for now until I swap in a 5.7 vortec or 5.3 Gen3, which I'm leaning towards 5.3.

Yeah, theres really no advantage left to the vortec with the 5.3 in the market. I'm neck deep in a 5.3 swap right now... getting it all organized.

Last edited:

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
deezee makes the bed caps. part number dz11998b. I think the black will tie in nicely to the bedlined rockers and window tint.

thanks for the compliments guys.