My new GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Traded my 96 yukon for this 95 k1500. Thought id post some pictures and get some opinions
You must be registered for see images attach

The yukon i traded

Last edited:

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! looks really clean for a 95! I used to have those same wheels on my 95 for winter wheels. Took em off an 01 hoe.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah looks good but what was your reason for the trade? The 96 would of had the 350 vortec and the 95 should have the 350 TBI correct? Just wondering what pushed you to trade up?

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest man, that was the only con on the trade to me, I lost the multiport injection ( i upgraded the spiders) . I traded a 2wd truck for the tahoe because i was wanting 4x4 but i never imagined i would miss having a truck as much as i did. So pretty much I wanted a truck, didnt need the interior room for myself. I layed out the pros and cons before the trade

Pros where the truck had less miles (40k less) , Floor shift 4x4, Bed, Better paint,
Cons where it had the tbi, but i have had tbi vehicles and i find them to be a little cheaper to repair, also i find them to be a little harder to diagnos with obdii, and honestly to me that was the only con.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok yeah I figured it has to be TBI and saw that as a con too. I have TBI and it is alot more simple and reliable, but TBI is OBDI, so you can't even use the OBDII scanner on them. I have the little paperclip style key and just have to count the blinks to get the code :/ It's lame and it is what it is but a PRO of the TBI over the vortec I'd have to say is that low end torque is better. I noticed my TBI has way more pulling torque and especially 4LO torque than a 5.7 vortec...

Would I rather have a vortec? Yes, but TBI will do for now until I swap in a 5.7 vortec or 5.3 Gen3, which I'm leaning towards 5.3.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes a 5.3 or 6.0 will be in the future for this truck. and Yes i agree tbi is prolly a con, but in general a truck is more useful when you dont got a bunch of pple to haul around, but you have a bunch of parts and stuff to haul.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I've just been over on LS1truck.com lately drooling. It's not going to be easy, but damn it, nothing worth doing ever is. I'm thinking 5.3 just to have the new technology and good mpg. I think it will produce more than enough power for me.

~MISFIT~

Reaction score
Yeah I've just been over on LS1truck.com lately drooling. It's not going to be easy, but damn it, nothing worth doing ever is. I'm thinking 5.3 just to have the new technology and good mpg. I think it will produce more than enough power for me.

a 5.3 will be fine. i was lookin in your thread and saw you have your own lawn care company, i work for a lawncare company and all 4 of our trucks are ecsb chevys with 5.3s and they all pull a 16' tandem axle trailer with a 36" and a 52" mower and they pull great.