My New Crew Cab Shortbed 97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KBscrewcab

Reaction score
It was a 5/7, but the 2500s sit up a little higher so if you are running a half ton susp then 4/6 would be your best bet.And have fun on the double din i flushed one in on my truck not fun.but it looked factory when done.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
i going 5/8 on this one. I did it on one of my previous trucks and loved it. I did the double did in the 95 thats in my avatar. It wasnt much of a problem at all and probably wont own another truck without one. I moved the a/c controls to the glove box but I will be moving it down to the cubby hole for this one. Heres a pic of it.

You must be registered for see images attach

KBscrewcab

Reaction score
Very nice I am trying to find some pics of my setup, i had and alpine w205 with blackbird nav which was a wast of money.How i did mine was moved the seperation between the ac controls and radeo cut it moved it down and moved the ac controls down some. Wish i could find some old pics to show you.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
no sorry...i should have, but here is a little run through

1) Trim the bar under your factory radio and sand smooth
2) Trim enough behind the radio for the dd to go all the way back
3) Get a piece of abs plastic and cut it to fit.
4) Relocate AC to glove box or make the cubby bigger to hold the controls

here is a kit you can buy for $150 but I preferred to do mine myself
http://www.thedetailss.com/95-99_CK_Double_Din.html

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
Very nice I am trying to find some pics of my setup, i had and alpine w205 with blackbird nav which was a wast of money.How i did mine was moved the seperation between the ac controls and radeo cut it moved it down and moved the ac controls down some. Wish i could find some old pics to show you.

yea if you could find some pics that would be cool

KBscrewcab

Reaction score
The way you did looks easier for sure.If you dont mind having ac controls out of reach.Thats the only down fall.That kit looks very similer except i was able to keep the pocket underneath.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
The way you did looks easier for sure.If you dont mind having ac controls out of reach.Thats the only down fall.That kit looks very similer except i was able to keep the pocket underneath.

you can move the controls down to the cubby hole if you want but I wanted to run the cable for my iphone through it for music.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
i need some opinions, a guy wants to trade me 2 (denali clips 1 oem and 1 aftermarket) for my front end. It comes with two denali bumpers cut and sectioned by IF customs and a oem 03-06 sierra bumper with the brackets. You see fewer trucks with my grill so Im leaning towards mine but though I would see what you guys thought.

here is some pics and he has more in the link under his description

http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100330159.htm