My double din install and painted interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got done painting my interior in the same exact spots yours are done + fuse box and tweeter speaker grille.
Your truck was the inspiration for it. Not overdone, just the right amount. Although your paint looks wayy better than my black. I just used to "plastic paint" @ autozone. Didn't have to prime or anything.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man just checked seen u messaged me sry I coulnt help ya out havnt been on here for a few day. I can post everything I used if it will help. Me and my dad run a body shop so I can answer any questions. First I sanded out all the texture with 220 grit sand paper on a da and primed it all with high build primer to smooth it all. Then when the primer drys sand it with 320 then 600 wet sand and paint. Now on the dash piece I used a 2 part plastic repair. I made kinda a mold outta wood sticks and glued it together. Clamped it to the dash and put my plastic repair in. Then sand it down with a small block with like 180 then I used glazing putty and 320 blocked it and primed it. I sprayed it with base/clear Dupont we have a mixing system but I think u can have Napa mix it not sure tho we don't have Napa here. Hope this makes sense

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea it was kinda a pain to extend the wires but its pretty easy, Just made a small console to put it in.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Does anyone with the same color truck as me have any luck finding GM Matching paint in spray cans anywhere? It's not victory red, torch red, or fire red..

Its 9260 Code Red..

I want to color match some interior pieces but cannot find the color anywhere in spray cans.

Last edited: