95 Double Din problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metal_Manatee

Reaction score
So I replaced my 1995 heat/ac control with one meant for 96-99. I found this video that tells you how to redo the wiring to make it all work.
Now my heater/ac works great, but my dash doesn't quite line up right. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

This is where I got the heat/ac control
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is where I got the double-din dash kit:

How-to video for installing 96-99 HVAC in a 95:

Attachments

• 20220221_160324[1].jpg
    20220221_160324[1].jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220221_160334[1].jpg
    20220221_160334[1].jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220221_162450[1].jpg
    20220221_162450[1].jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's different? Is the double din overlay not the same? Or is the new hvac control unit have different mounting points? Did you do a side by side comparison to if their the same?

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
both of those ar just cheap generic , not oem. Good enough to get by but not perfect.

more the dash than the controls tho. Minor fitment issues will vary

Metal_Manatee

Reaction score
What's different? Is the double din overlay not the same? Or is the new hvac control unit have different mounting points? Did you do a side by side comparison to if their the same?
The mount points on the new hvac is exactly the same as the old one. Slides right in the same spot and seems to fit perfectly. However, something must be slightly different. the Double-din overlay fit with the original HVAC.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the mounting attachment is the same. But where the mount is located on the replacement head control is not in the same location.
A side by side comparison, of both should reveal the difference. ( one of these things is not like the other )
Good luck.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question- did you buy both at same time? Im thinking your old hvac would probly look exactly the same. With some showing.

chevychit

Reaction score
I am not sure if you are aware but, I have been putting things where they don't ho for years. Anywho... double din for example.. I just save my money for the other cool stuff I can't make myself and I take factory radio lower metal piece off and mount dd, to it. Trim upper portion of factory bezel, and if u want really fancy add side pieces of old install kit or broken plastic or just anything to fill the 1/2 in ish gap on sides, I'm not ever gonna dump 300bucks on something I can do in the driveway for damn near free...but each there own

chevychit

Reaction score
I am not sure if you are aware but, I have been putting things where they don't ho for years. Anywho... double din for example.. I just save my money for the other cool stuff I can't make myself and I take factory radio lower metal piece off and mount dd, to it. Trim upper portion of factory bezel, and if u want really fancy add side pieces of old install kit or broken plastic or just anything to fill the 1/2 in ish gap on sides, I'm not ever gonna dump 300bucks on something I can do in the driveway for damn near free...but each there own
Sorry for the run on paragraphs and krap... punctuation and all that ... dilligaf? . I am a man and I am not tring to empress anybody , unless she has a body,, or a sweet ride or something like that....lol

Papikev252

Reaction score
So I replaced my 1995 heat/ac control with one meant for 96-99. I found this video that tells you how to redo the wiring to make it all work.
Now my heater/ac works great, but my dash doesn't quite line up right. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

This is where I got the heat/ac control

This is where I got the double-din dash kit:

How-to video for installing 96-99 HVAC in a 95:
I know this thread is old, but I have found a solution to fix that gap with the head unit and hvac controls, also what’s that black curved bracket for?