My Chevy truck doesn't let me down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's great! Congrats!
If you have any questions about the contest, or just about anything else, you can PM me. I am on here everyday, several times a day. I restarted TOTM, and take care of it, but like I said, the members vote for there favorite. Member with the most votes, at the end of the month, is the winner. I PM them, and the get a free TOTM sticker for there truck.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice to see a clean unmolested truck! The weather down south sure makes it easy on all you lucky buggers!!! Had my 91 since 96, never named it, but sure called it some names at times!!!! Lol. But overall with over 300 000km, it's been more reliable than any of the new vehicles I have bought. Easy to diagnose for the most part, easily repaired without too much fuss or special tools.

ahill003

Reaction score
Welcome! Nice to see a clean unmolested truck! The weather down south sure makes it easy on all you lucky buggers!!! Had my 91 since 96, never named it, but sure called it some names at times!!!! Lol. But overall with over 300 000km, it's been more reliable than any of the new vehicles I have bought. Easy to diagnose for the most part, easily repaired without too much fuss or special tools.
I bought her in Oct 2021. She was very well cared for with only one owner from 96 to 21, BUT she was an Iowa truck all those years. Her owner managed to keep her from the scourge of rust all those years. She has 89k miles and is a true survivor. All original except he had to replace the engine. Only big thing I've done thus far is replace rear diff gear and wear parts, gear had a broken tooth and caused the rear end to lock up.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought her in Oct 2021. She was very well cared for with only one owner from 96 to 21, BUT she was an Iowa truck all those years. Her owner managed to keep her from the scourge of rust all those years. She has 89k miles and is a true survivor. All original except he had to replace the engine. Only big thing I've done thus far is replace rear diff gear and wear parts, gear had a broken tooth and caused the rear end to lock up.
89,000 miles,,, WOW . I have 260,000 plus in mine. I rebuilt the rear end, it was a year ago in February, and rite after that, the trans blew up. It's been performance built, with HD master rebuild kit. The rear end, now has 373 gears and an Eaton trutrack. I have never been deeper into the engine, than the intake. Mine has been tweaked and tuned, with performance exhaust, and a ton of mods. I'm at about 325 HP. These are perhaps the best trucks that GM ever built.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
To further Kenny's point on how good these trucks are; Both of my GMT-400's have over 300k miles. My 1989 Chevy K2500 454 has 436k miles and my 1994 Chevy K1500 350 has 301,544 (That's as of right now, I'm watching my savings account drain as I fill the tank). My other GMT400, 1999 Chevy C3500 350, had 350k+ miles before it rusted away.