My A/C woes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucky93

Reaction score
I'll attempt to make this short. Truck was previously converted to r134. Compressor bearing went out so I replaced compressor and charged ac myself (r134 cans from autozone without stop leak). Had some issues with low pressure so took it buddies shop to be properly charged. At idle, the over pressure switch would trigger and blow freon out the back of compressor. Decided to bite the bullet and replace everything. Another new compressor(ac delco), condenser, orifice tube, all lines, dryer, belt, belt tensioner and fan clutch. Flushed evap core. Took it to shop for the freon, still at idle it over pressurize and blows out the back if the compressor at the relief valve. Any help would be much appreciated.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"Took to shop for refrigerate service". Did they use a AC service machine, that pulls vacuum , test, then adds 134 according to the service manual.
Or just replace parts, no vacuum , no test, stuff in some 134.?

Lucky93

Reaction score
"Took to shop for refrigerate service". Did they use a AC service machine, that pulls vacuum , test, then adds 134 according to the service manual.
Or just replace parts, no vacuum , no test, stuff in some 134.?
Yeah, he had a SnapOn machine. Vacuum test and filled accordingly. IIRC it was something like 2.25lbs, but I could be remembering wrong.

Lucky93

Reaction score
Do you have a stuck Expansion valve?
I'm not too sure, where is it located and how would I check if it's stuck open? I see in some cases the expansion valve is built onto the evap core but the one I removed from my truck disnt have that

Lucky93

Reaction score
The issue has been resolved, and it was self induced.... I'll make this short. Radiator had a crack so I replaced. Wasn't aware there's different sized radiators for these trucks. New radiator was 28in core, factory installed radiator was 17in core. Said whatever, it'll be fine. Wasn't able to use fan shroud since it wasn't the right sized radiator. No fan shroud=no vacuum being pulled from fan, which meant lack of air flow through the condenser. Not air flow through condenser = bad news.