My 99 2dr 2wd Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My new tahoe. Just picked it up today.

1999 Chevy Tahoe.
2 door
2 wheel drive
white w/ tan interior
LS package
SS wheels w/ 275/60r15 BFG Radial T/A tires
Vortec 5.7L 187k miles
4l60e 4 speed tranny
3.42 gears w/g80

has a few issues. it needs a starter (already have new one). has a coolant leak, and a power steering leak.

my plans:
ditch the running boards
lower the back down to level with the front
CAI
maybe a tune
cowl induction hood
roll pan with hidden hitch
smoothy front bumper w/either solid or fog light valance
exhaust w/ turbo muffler (no flowmaster or chambered mufflers unless flowmaster hushpower)
remove the roof rack and maybe the little spoiler thing (pictured below)
tint the windows

well on to the pics. these are all i have so far.
You must be registered for see images attach

and then with my z71

thats all for now. let me know what yall think. more pics to come.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I like it. Only things I would vary from your plans are:

I would go for a static drop. Debadge with Ptm grill and bumpers with a smoothie ptm Tahoe limited or diesel bumper and a single 3" magnaflow or borla quiet muffler. Something to give it a nice quiet yet deep tone. And maybe some black 18s. White on black is a great combo.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it. Only things I would vary from your plans are:

I would go for a static drop. Debadge with Ptm grill and bumpers with a smoothie ptm Tahoe limited or diesel bumper and a single 3" magnaflow or borla quiet muffler. Something to give it a nice quiet yet deep tone. And maybe some black 18s. White on black is a great combo.

oh that would all look great. i dont want to go that low... yet... maybe sometime but i have rather unusual speed bumps at work so cant go too low and i dont want to touch the frame on this clean original tahoe. im also going for that factory style clean look. kinda like a sport hoe lol. also the guy i got it from has a set of 20s that i might be buying from him. they have staggered tires and would really look awesome on it. he had them on his 4/6 dropped 91 ecsb. this guy had some awesome cars. i really want them but didnt have the coin at the time. but im thinking about getting spacer adapters and going to either 5x4.75 or 6x5.5. not sure what i really want to do yet.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
That makes sense. You can still make it awesome without dropping it. :cheers: it should turn out great.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh yes it shall be awesome. and its really fun to drive. it cuts off at 100 though. and i think it needs rotors up front. so that will probably be first. oh and about the exhaust i plan to run the magnaflow catback system. they use turbo style mufflers instead of chambered and they are stainless so no rust lol. not that i have to worry about that down here haha.

also if tomorrow is nice the starter is going on and the steps are coming off. and maybe a new air filter to let her breath a little better than now with the old tired one thats there now.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't debadge it an no black rims....

Bring it to the upstate meet in may...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes may 24 I believe. There it's one in April but I have to work during that one.