My '98 Z71 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LivinLarge

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome dude! What size tires are you running? How do you like them and are they noisy on normal roads?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I laughed for like, 10 minutes when I saw that.

Flares are looking sweet. You used mounting tape on them? Interesting.

Ya just 3M emblem mounting double sided tape. I think it was 1/2" wide an the rolls were 60" long. Took 5 rolls @ $5/each from Wally world. It was over there with the touch up paint an bondo an stuff. They also use the same screws that the original chrome trim used but you need longer screws since the flares are thicker. I used #10x3/4" sheet metal screws also from Wally world.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Ya just 3M emblem mounting double sided tape. I think it was 1/2" wide an the rolls were 60" long. Took 5 rolls @ $5/each from Wally world. It was over there with the touch up paint an bondo an stuff. They also use the same screws that the original chrome trim used but you need longer screws since the flares are thicker. I used #10x3/4" sheet metal screws also from Wally world.

Same stuff I used to put my tailgate banner on. Paid around $10 where I bought the tape, the same stuff. Damn expensive Canadian prices.

When I put the flares on my truck (well, back on), I upgraded to Robertson #10s I believe. Phillips are a horrible design, and should be banned from use in everything. A little rust, and they strip out :nono:

Nice thing about the new fenders I put on the front, they had factory flares with the metal brackets on the back side that hold them on. Very sturdy. I will probably use the 3m tape idea for the back flares though. They are a little loose fitting.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those factory flares? And are they textured or painted? Hard to tell on my phone.

Yes they are factory ones. These were smooth as they were painted pewter when I got them from Jake.

You must be registered for see images attach

My buddy wound up painting them with rustoleum bed liner to fix the one I royally screwed up. That gave them a very light texture, very similar to the ones that are not factory painted.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yes they are factory ones. These were smooth as they were painted pewter when I got them from Jake.

You must be registered for see images attach

My buddy wound up painting them with rustoleum bed liner to fix the one I royally screwed up. That gave them a very light texture, very similar to the ones that are not factory painted.

Good deal man. They look awesome! I'm on the lookout for some now!!!