My '98 Z71 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how the hell does the range milage work in that console? you got any wiring info for that?
i used to have one of those from my old jimmy but not sure if i threw away that thing or not.

i just put the dual display mirror swap into my truck. if ya ever wanna swap out your mirror to dual display mirror ;) hit me up i got several.

The range mode only works on 98+ trucks. Look for a sticky in the interior electronics section labeled "DIC in gmt400" or something like that

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ What he said, but it also isn't correct. When I filled up it said 264 miles. I routinely go 350-375 per tank.

The average mpg it displays also is low so far. By doing the math my truck averages anywhere from 15.7-16 mpg. The display has yet to top 14.2. Its neat, but a lot of work for inaccurate info.

I did reset it when I filled up an have only put about 50 miles on it so maybe it will get better with more time/miles....

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
o ok so really not worth it.

I still like it. I shouldn't have posted that without giving it sometime to gather more data. I completely reset it an have only put like 75 on it an havent even used a 1/4 tank of gas yet. Hoping it gets more dialed in over a few tanks of gas.

The compress remedy itself on the way home this morning....

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still like it. I shouldn't have posted that without giving it sometime to gather more data. I completely reset it an have only put like 75 on it an havent even used a 1/4 tank of gas yet. Hoping it gets more dialed in over a few tanks of gas.

The compress remedy itself on the way home this morning....

I have found mine to be off +/- 1mpg

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the range is off cause we have bigger fuel tanks. Its going down, but very slowly. Im still over 3/4 tank an it says 210 miles. Which is about 100 off, but if I had a 19 gal tank like an s-series it would probably be right. That extra 7 gals is another 100+ miles at 16 mpg. But I usually go the 350-375 on about 23 gals.

I wish there was a way to hack the constant values it has stored in there to make it correct....

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice looking truck man. Dont know how i missed it. Sure wish i could do the dic to my 95, o well I do need to try and find a overhead console, just no luck yet.