my 98 stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea mine is also my dd, so it sees a lot of driving. As far as the actuator goes if you get one and tie it up to your frame all your lights will work right. I'm probably gonna do a SYE on my 241 soon. It will be similar to what you did for the front drive line
I forgot to pull the actuator when I sold the front diff. I found some type of clamp awhile back that I can't remember, that would of bolted to the frame to keep from zip tieing it out of the way.
Thanks for the info. I am wanting to keep my push button transfer case and hook up to my HP44. Hope mine goes pretty well.
No problem, sorry it took so long.let me know if you need anything else.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found my center console subwoofer pics. the audio for now consists of an alpine cda 9886 head unit, infinity kappa 6.5'' component set, dc audio lvl 4 12, and a dc audio 120.4 amp for now.
I have comps running off the 1-2 channels, and the sub wired @ 4 ohms on the 3-4 channel. the sub isn't seeing any where near the power it should be getting. its probably getting 250-300 watts.
the sub is rated at 1000 wrms. hopefully sometime next year i'll get a dedicated sub amp around the 2k area.but for now it'll do.
the basic shape i'm going for.
You must be registered for see images attach

getting pieces cut and glued together

getting the lines marked to get the curve I want. its called kerfing. the trick in doing this to set the saw blade to where it almost cuts all the way through,but you don't.
I think I had maybe an 1/8" or less so it didn't cut all the way through.

Last edited:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
started bending it in shape.

after I filled the gaps with glue and sawdust and clamped it place. I used 2 layers of fiberglass to strengthen it.

putting it together

port opening

Last edited:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a 1/2" round over bit on all the edges and the port opening,sanded with 220 grit, and primed it with killz 2 primer and used a textured roller with some gloss paint I had home depot match to the interior paint.

the sub firing down. yes,there is plenty of clearance from the sub to floor, at least 3"

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the amp and rack for now. I still need to make a trim panel and get the other amp rack installed for now.

the components in some killer b speaker pods. i'm not sure if this guy is still around.

the head unit

some old pics of the sub