my 98 stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as for the electrical. big 3 with 1/0 knukoncepts wiring, odysee pc 1500 battery,and 220 amp db electrical alternator.which will eventually be swapped out with ad 244 alt.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
The sub box looks good bro! How does it hit? I use to have down firing until I got my new box. Now it hits harder angled towards me. Nice work tho!

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it gets pretty damn loud for the power its getting. the box is 1.75 cu ft with 30 sq" of port tuned to 37 htz.
I had it over at dc audio headquarters and we put it on the term lab. it did a 135.8 sealed up on the dash, and 137.8 with the drivers side window down. i'm hoping for 140's with 2k watts going to it.
I've tried a few different consoles with the sub up,and downfiring. I like the sound of the downfiring in single cab.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yea your right. The style of cab is everything. Looks good and it sounds impressive. I also like the door speakers. I don't know if you can do it to single cabs but with the pre third door ex can I was able to convert my rear speakers to 6x9s What's next on the to do list?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
actually I had a friend that hacked in some 6x9's behind the trim panels in his single cab. as for whats next, I don't know,it needs new carpet and drive the **** out of it. we need to put some money into the wifes 04 gmc sierra 2wd. it needs some minor things like shocks,and her stupid hvac system is acting up again. I already replaced one of the actuators under the drivers side dash,but I want to color match her bumpers,grill shell,get a new grill insert, and lights front and rear.
here is her truck. its basically stock. I did a 2" shackle in the rear to drop it down. its sitting on 305 40 22's and 22" American racing wheels.the truck has been debagged,just need to get rid of the chrome.
You must be registered for see images attach

Osiris94ej

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
used the 2.5" downpipes that came with them, used a universal dual 2.5" in, single 3" out magnaflow y-pipe to connect the two sides. then a magnaflow high flow cat,and a small section of
3" pipe into a 14" magnaflow muffler dumped right after the cab.

surprisingly there is no drone. the headers woke up the truck, I could actually chirp the old 39.5's.

Do you have a sound clip of this setup? I currently have mine set up similar to this minus the headers. I have a 18" Magnaflow and it's too quiet for my taste, No cats but "Y'd" like yours is. Would like to have an estimate of how loud the 14" is compared to the 18".

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'll have to get one. I thought about it today when I took the truck out to putt around the hills.
its got a mellow tone at start up,but as soon as you get into it,it gets pretty loud and deep.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
took the truck out to get some poser flex pics. also noticed after only 250 miles I have chunks starting to come off the tread on the rear tires. looks like it'll be going back to discount tires to get this issue fixed.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: I agree, it has that stupid mirror tint on all the windows. it needs 5% on the rear,and what ever is the legal % on the side windows.