my 98 stepside project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks DRAGGIN95! :)

You must be registered for see images attach

It's raining today, but got the grill guard done and you can see the new Z stickers..lol

Reaction score
She has no idea! It sat in their driveway for over a year because my ex wife's boyfriend got it to fix as a hunting truck. He gave up on it. Then when we gave up on waiting forever for the title to the Sport, my ex asked if I wanted to use her boyfriends truck because he said we could do whatever we want with it. They figured if nothing else, we could put the two together and make one good truck, but the Z was pretty easy to fix compared to swapping cabs for a title. My daughter knew it came here for me to "try" to fix for him (ex's boyfriend)... We made it out as if it needed way to much so we scrapped it..lol
Had to hide it so my daughter would believe it was gone forever. :)

I'm beyond excited! Can't wait till Saturday to give it to her :)

Reaction score
She loves it!

First drive..

And going to the movies in it..

We're going to change the O rings and charge the AC this weekend :)

Reaction score
Forgot to update it, we went over on our data so I couldn't upload pics...lol.
Didn't get any of surprising her with it, soon as I drove it around the corner she didn't really notice it.. but once I cleared the corner and she noticed it was me, and it said Happy Birthday Dana on the windshield.. she also noticed everyone had their phones out recording her..lol. She covered her face and walked into the carport.

She didn't believe it was hers..lol

Had several people stop and ask where it came from, saying its a "Nice *** truck!"..

We hid it a block away from the party at my EXs friends house, when we snuck over there to get it, I climbed onto the front tires and started to write the "Happy Birthday Dana" on the windshield and some random guy runs up yelling How much for it?!?!? My wife told him its not for sale, it's a birthday present.. dude said "That's a sweet *** Birthday present, sure you don't wanna sell it?" Lol..

She said its been driving great, she still ain't used to the shifter pattern getting it to Drive from Park, she keeps going to Second on accident..lol. Told her she'll get use to it in time. Heck I still do it to mine after driving different vehicles at work all day.