My 97 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I saw that earlier when I was looking, I got it to where the po1345 code is gone, the only Reacouring codes are for the Bank 1 o2 sensor, and bank 1 lean mixture, and the po300 random miss fire.

Is it possible that there linked together in a way, of setting each other off. Thank you. Sorry I'm so stupid when it comes to trouble shooting

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not know if they are linked or not but I do know that the po300 is a real PITA to deal with we have 2 98 gmc jimmys with this problem and can not seem to figure it I would replace the 2 upstream sensors they are more important then the 2 downstream ones and work like this bank 1 sensor 1 back 1 sensor 2 bank 2 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 now back to the po300 code and things that can cause it bad cap and rotor bad coil bad module crank sensor starting to go bad bad cam sensor it is under the rotor in the distributor bad plugs bad plug wires worn timing chain and or pears worn distributor cloged cat lieaking fuel pressure regulator leaking fuel spider stuck injector or injectors also the next time you do a cap and rotor get these they are the go to for these engines every one here loves them https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1991918&cc=1051120&pt=7120&jsn=509

Last edited:

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I do not know if they are linked or not but I do now that the po300 is a real PITA to deal with we have 2 98 gmc jimmys with this problem and can not seem to figure it I would replace the 2 upstream sensors they are more important then the 2 downstream ones and work like this bank 1 sensor 1 back 1 sensor 2 bank 2 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 now back to the po300 code and things that can cause it bad cap and rotor bad coil bad module crank sensor starting to go bad bad cam sensor it is under the rotor in the distributor bad plugs bad plug wires worn timing chain and or pears worn distributor cloged cat lieaking fuel pressure regulator leaking fuel spider stuck injector or injectors also the next time you do a cap and rotor get these they are the go to for these engines every one here loves them https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1991918&cc=1051120&pt=7120&jsn=509
yeah that po300 code doesn't always show depending on which way I turn the distributor, sometimes it's shows cylinder 4 miss fire turn it the other way cylinder 7 missfire. It's a new distributor could be faulty it hasn't been running Right sense I took it through the creek,

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I think I'm good now no misfire codes no cam correlation code. Just the o2 codes. Still a rough idle but it clears up then comes back not sure why, but she's running better then before so fingers crossed I'm good for a while