My 97 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Ok so here's my live data 24.0 on spark advance and 14 on IAT. JUST WANNA NOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS SUPPOSED TO BE BETWEEN THEM THANK YOU
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, you’re gonna need to take a breather and do some self review before posting and asking for help. It is so hard to follow you on your posts. Help us help you.

Change that to standard UOM. When you say “difference” what are you meaning? One is retard/advance in degrees and the other is temperature in degrees celsius.

IAT does not mean ignition advance timing. It is Inlet Air Temperature.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Ok, already know what I gotta do, I just need a scanner that will help me set my timing, I've had multiple people argue that there is not such thing as CMT, But I need a scanner that has that fuction, that's ALL I need to know is there a decently priced scanner? Thank you

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, already know what I gotta do, I just need a scanner that will help me set my timing, I've had multiple people argue that there is not such thing as CMT, But I need a scanner that has that fuction, that's ALL I need to know is there a decently priced scanner? Thank you
It’s CMP. Not CMT.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
dose your dads mechanic friend that helped you put in the distributor have a scan tool if he dose it is mostly good enough to read the the cam crank off set/retard I did one with the video I posted and it did not set a code

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
dose your dads mechanic friend that helped you put in the distributor have a scan tool if he dose it is mostly good enough to read the the cam crank off set/retard I did one with the video I posted and it did not set a code
I'm gonna ask