My 97 GMC Sierra K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going thru pics and figured I would put together a build thread/story of my truck. In Dec 2010 my 88 chevy 3500 was getting pretty ruff it hit 328k miles and was basically falling apart,so I started my search.Looked at quite a few GMT400s and couldnt find what I wanted,so by the end of jan I found a craigslist ad for the 97 and all it said was GMC 3500 pick up for parts $1400 so I emailed the guy,well he called me 4 days later and said come look at it.So showed up at his house and there it was I asked why it was for parts and he told me the title was so messed up there would be no way to get it registered and there was a crack on the front frame horn where the plow push plate is so i figured hey the truck has 60k on it I'll deal with the title issue and the crack was an easy fix,so I offered him 800 he took it,Now the truck was traded in at the GMC dealer this guy worked at in 07 by the original owners and was used on and off at the dealer for a plow truck till he got it from his boss in mid 2010 and he was gonna use the motor for a tahoe he had but never did. Here is the 88
You must be registered for see images attach
Heres the 97 the morning after I picked it up (2/03/10) put on my 33's off the 88
May 2010 added cowl hood
Aug 2010 grille insert and lights
here is some other add ons i've done
With the 35's before body lift
Body lift install may/june 2012
And here it is as it sits now

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
damn. good deal on that one. hard to find single cab single wheel 3500s.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that is a damn nice looking truck. only bad part is it makes me want to put 35s on mine haha. id have been temped to keep the 88 too and do a sas and wheel the crap outta it.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah the 88 was in ruff shape i owned it for 4 yrs and before i got it it spent its life as a plow and service truck for a local repair station and thanks for the compliment on my 97

LT1/TA

Reaction score
I have not seen many RCLB SRW 3500's,I looks great keep us posted

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
so how did you handle the title situation .... and that is a super nice truck

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The title issue was when it was traded in back in 07 that gmc dealer closed its doors and sold out to this other dealership,the title had the trade info on it and someone had signed the second dealer assignment section. the new dealer had written the truck off in their books as scrap cause it went to the guy that worked for them who I got it from,so with a little help from a rmv employee who I know very well changed some info in the computer system and got the title active in the system and its legally titled and registered to me now

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
good deal I was just wandering

Sent from my 6.0 powered android