My 94 ECRB Sierra 4x4.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
YES. Speedometer is BACK ONLINE! Spliced wires from the VSS up into between engine/trans where I found the missing, cut off purple & green wires. Used slightly thicker gauge wire, all I had at the time. Working like a charm. Shift light, odometer and speedometer back to life.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Truck off: Put into reverse, truck cries like the headlights are on.. weird..!

Anyways: Got the new clutch line from dealer Friday, went in with minimal headaches. Slave cylinder side just would NOT go on with the o-ring.. took it off and it fit perfect... DOH the old o-ring was still stuck inside..! Pulled out, new o-ring on, bled system and drove away.

I've got a sputtering issue it seems, if I'm in 3rd or 4th, crusin 50-60km/h, she doesnt get like to suck the fuel back very smoothly, sputtering and jerking a bit, let off the throttle and it seems to just flutter there for a few seconds, then idle down. Does in 2nd gear aswell at lower rpms.. 2nd gear from 20-30km/h i'll be sputtering, then she'll roar and take off.

Dizzy, cap/rotor? Truck did sit for about 6-7 months!

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Re-build that tbi. U may need a new regulator diaphram. Check fer vacuum leaks around the throttle body. carb cleaner method works well fer me.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Not very familiar with the TBI unit. Had it off to clean once but that was about it.
Are these units prone to vacuum leaks? And what just spray er with carb cleaner as its running? Sorry only one cup of coffee in me so far, lmao.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The base gaskets do get dry and tend to leak, some starting fluid around the TB and lines in and out of it will let you know if there is a leak.

Good cap wtih brass terminals, rotor, plugs ACDelco CR43TS's, and ACDelco wires. Fuel filter is a good idea too.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Yeah, replaced fuel filter last year and only put a couple months of fuel through it. Just jumped the A&B, absolutely no codes, just code 12 system norm.

Sprayed some carb cleaner at the base of TB spacer to intake, top of spacer to air raid intake, and on the hoses, saw no tell tale signs of a leak, and had no change in idle or anything.
Factory original plug wires, have no idea when cap & rotor were done. Plugs are newer.
Cash is tight right now, unfortunately don't think I'll be able to replace any parts for now. cap & rotor at the most :(

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How does the spray pattern of the injectors look? should be fine cone shaped mist.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if they are dripping or leaking then they need rebuilt which is cheaper than brand new ones.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Looked like cone shaped mist to me when I was under there today. One of the injectors looked like it may have a little more uneven spray in a little section of the cone.. prob going to rebuild it when the $ and time is there. Put a new dizzy cap n rotor on today, one of my plug wires had corrosion inside it, cleaned it up as much as i could. Seemed to run a little better, still a little hesitant/sluggish at times.

New plugs, plug wires, tbi rebuild and a good muffler are in order asap.