My 88 Daily Driver Restoration RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Baby at the car wash, pay no attention to my dirty mats lol:
You must be registered for see images attach

After her quick rinse to knock off the dirt and bird poo:

Washed mats and vacuumed interior(I need to buy a new arm rest and door pull strap but I cant find them anywhere):

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yesterday I removed the license plate holder, front impact strip, and valance from the bumper leaving it completely bare. I had some rust build up on the front bumper along the impact strip. So I decided to sand the rust spots down and washed the bumper with Dawn and a green scotch brite. After I dried it, I went ahead and coated it with 3 coats of black plasti dip with 30 minutes dry time between coats.

Today I finally installed the orange tow hooks. I waited the 7 days to allow them to cure, even though they were fully cured by the 3rd day with 100+ temperatures. It looks pretty awesome with a black bumper and orange tow hooks. Baby definitely turned some heads while driving her down the road.

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fun Times Fawk :(

Last edited:

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yesterday (6/25/13) I went to Advance and got myself 8 feet of 2 gauge wire to finish my big 3. Advance is so overpriced on their copper terminal ends, they charged me $5.14 just for one pair... so I returned them and bought 2 pairs at autozone for $7.14 lol. So far on the big 3 I have Battery to Frame, and my battery grounds to the engine block... All that's left is Alternator to Battery(unfused for now) and I'll be adding a ground from alternator case to frame. Ill be leaving my stock Alternator to Junction block alone for now maybe upgrade it to 4gauge later on. I hope it helps my electrical system lol

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The trucks valance was missing some screws and 2 u-clips so it wouldn't sit snug against the bumper. While it was off I moved some of the u-clips so that it was more symmetrical when hugging the bumper. Since it was missing some screws I went to autozone and bought some bolts that matched them. I reinstalled the valance and it fits ALOT better! Adding those bolts gives the old valance a semi-newer look lol. Now it's only missing 2 u-clips and 2 screws..

I love how the valance makes the truck look lower :)

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Played around with Color Splash on the tablet and got this:

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finished my Big 3 Upgrade with 2 gauge wire. I had already upgraded my Battery to Frame so I added a ground cable from the Alternator bracket to the Frame. I also added the charge wire straight to the battery(unfused for now) and left the tiny stock cable that goes to the junction block alone until I can upgrade it to 4 gauge later. I covered the charge wire with some Autozone red spit loom to protect it from the headers. My stock volt meter would dip LOW when the A/C would be on so I tested it by turning on the A/C on high and turning on the headlights. So far big improvement, it doesn't dip as low as it would before... I need to move the grounds on the thermostat housing to my firewall ground bolt and see if it fixes the gauge bounce.

Last edited:

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the volt gauge with the A/C on hi after the 2 gauge big 3, its awesome!

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ground cable from Frame to Alternator:

Alternator charge cable to Battery:

BackInBlack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took Baby for a drive and it's electrical system seems alot better, still some minor things that bug me. I can't wait to pinpoint why my stock volt needle bounces with the blinkers/hazards.