My 66 Chevy II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea, orange and black work together good.
You must be registered for see images attach

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You planning on having out at hot august nights?
It will be out, evern if it isnt painted by then.
The plan for possible paint may be in April when the wife goes to disneyworld. Won't have to listen to her ***** about the house smelling like paint. Even though yesterday we taped off the door into the house, and it kept the smell out. But still complained

Last edited:

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, orange and black work together good.
The Orange and black is now in my top 2, it will be Orange or black cherry

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Work has been crazy busy. Havent done much except sand, filler, sand some more. But, did get some epoxy primer sprayed onto the car yesterday.
Also ordered a factory style steal hood on Saturday. Until that shows up, and I finlly decide on a paint color it won't be ready to be put back together.
It's driving me nuts not having the car out. All kinds of small shows all over and the weather seams to finally be getting better.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Work has been crazy busy. Havent done much except sand, filler, sand some more. But, did get some epoxy primer sprayed onto the car yesterday.
Also ordered a factory style steal hood on Saturday. Until that shows up, and I finlly decide on a paint color it won't be ready to be put back together.
It's driving me nuts not having the car out. All kinds of small shows all over and the weather seams to finally be getting better.

Danm I can only give 1 like. Nice work.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, it seems like forever. But for only having the car for 6 months it's coming along. I'm kind of liking the satin finish of this epoxy primer.
May have to just get a satin clear and call it good. I have some spots I need to add some glazing putty around the passenger wheel well to fill in some spots, and of course the bumpers need some work still. They were epoxied as well as all the handles, lock cylinders and headlight/ taillight trim.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Father in-law has a 66as well. Bright red. Gorgeous car. 427 dart small block, dart heads, dart intake. Huge carb. 600hp at the crank on pump gas. Muncie 4sp, traction bars and a worked on rear with I believe 3:73s.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Father in-law has a 66as well. Bright red. Gorgeous car. 427 dart small block, dart heads, dart intake. Huge carb. 600hp at the crank on pump gas. Muncie 4sp, traction bars and a worked on rear with I believe 3:73s.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit
I couldn't imagine 600 up in one of these. The 400+ hp mine supposedly puts out will make your butt pucker in certain situations.
Do you have any pics?

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an idea.
1967 Pontiac Acadian Canso factory grille. Canadian version of the Chevy II/Nova.
(We had the American version here, too.)
The grill mounted turn sigs are the same ones used on the 1967 GTO.
Pretty sure that Canadian specific-built models & their parts are pretty well non-existent down south, but I'll bet that the GTO stuff, with it's relatively huge aftermarket, could be made to fit the Chevy II grille with few probs.

i love those Canadian Pontiac's.how about the Beaumont SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well not much of an update, I finally received my goodmark factory style hood a couple weeks ago.
I also took the car out that same day just to get it out of garage and get the fluids moving and I got into it, and somnething went boom in the 2004r. I got it pulled out on the 4th of July and had my wife drop it off at a transmission shop that specialize's in performance rebuilds, they've had it almost a week and haven't heard back yet what broke. But, I'm not going to rush this guy. I've priced out the billet goodies for it, and looking at $1300 just in parts. So the plan was to have the car painted this weekend. It won't be happening until the tranny comes back.