My 66 Chevy II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like this weekend I'll be putting on a new oil pan. A couple weeks ago, I bottomed the car out up in lake Tahoe.
Didn't realize i cracked the oil pan where the drain plug is. It's a cast aluminum pan. I'll be getting a steel pan. I need to remember I'm not driving a lifted truck on 40's anymore. Lol

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The funny thing is it didn't start leaking until a couple days ago. Of course i don't have a cherry picker, and I will have to raise the motor to get the pan off. I'll have to get creative with 2x4's under the motor mounts to gain clearance.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's cracked around the casting and the threads for the plug. I already tried jb weld. It slowed it down, but still a decent leak since its at the bottom of the pan

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thankful for that. Wife would have been pissed if I had to do motor work.
The motor has maybe 500 miles on it.
I've got the receipt for that and it was aroundv$4800 for the work done to it.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
Cool ride.... I used to R&R those 200r4 trannys in Huntington Beach, Ca. They hold up good when built. ( Can be built for 1000 HP plus).... are you keeping the rear drum brakes??

( another note....When I lived in Victoria, BC, my Dad had a (56?) Dodge... called a "Ply-Dodge" ...back of body was a Plymouth.

silly Canadians. ( I think I had a photo of it, somewhere)

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, for now the drums will be staying. If anything i want to upgrade the front discs.
Spent all weekend changing out the oil pan. Had to remove a lot of **** to get the motor up high enough to drop the pan. The brother in law should be coming back tomorrow to hopefully finish the bodywork, and hopefully get it primed by the end of the weekend.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it primered today. No more blue, or ****** pealing clearcoat. It will be a bit before it sees color, which now we are thinking something different than a gun metal or charcoal. It seems like everyone is doing that color on classics now. May due a black cherry or a burple instead.

You must be registered for see images attach