My 66 Chevy II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm really liking the black cherry.

The burple.
Either would be sprayed over a black sealer before it gets painted.
A friend of mine will be painting it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The red will look better on your car, the burple isn't bad just dnt think it'd look as nice, then agian I'm biased since my project will be similar to this

Either a Brady or candy red over black base.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black cherry is the closet thing to a red color I would have on a vehicle. I don't like red. I like dark colors, another color I was looking at would be a midnight blue.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Different cars look better different colors. IMO blues look good on a 68-69 Chevelle. Black goes on anything. White not so much, but I like it on my 97, with the black strips, and black accents. I use to ne like you, I hated red. Now I like it on a lot of things. Teal is and always has been my favorite color, but it doesnt look good on a car or truck. It realy is your car, and is your dission. You have to live with the results. I can tell you this though, House of Kolors is the best there is. My co worker paints bikes, and he wont use anything else. He is doing an old school trike rite now. It was purple. He is going a red kandy ftom HOK. He has added a lot of different colors of metal flake. Lots of clear on top. It is comming out beautful. The trike will look a lot better red than purple, and will be worth a lot more. I know you are talking blurple, and that is a lot better that purple. The trike is a 70s VW trike, so the new paint and color will make it more up to date as a redoene bike increesing its value.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Paint will be HOK, my friend that is painting it used to have shop doing custom paint/graphics on bikes,cars/trucks.
Another option we are talking about is doing a matte sunburst orange/ with all the chrome going satin black like he had on his 2016 street glide.
Not his bike, but similar.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up the led turn signals last week. Need to finish making another bracket and attach them to the bottom side of the grill.