My 1997 Teal K1500 Build/Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my clear corners and heated mirrors in the mail! Hell yes! Just need to put "sealant" on the lenses and I think I already got the heated mirror wiring figured out.

Orange wire is straight up 12v and the black is ground. Yes? Don't wanna figure out I'm wrong when I have everything torn apart.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ouch. Found out the heated mirror plugs and the truck plugs are nothing alike. I just figured they were the same and the truck had 4 blank slots. Sh*t. Going to the junk yard to pull some harness' outta a 98 Denalli that SHOULD have heated power mirrors and see if I can make my own pigtail to plug in. There is no room to do splicing and soldering so I'm just gonna make a pigtail that plugs right into the truck plug and then I can connect the heated aspect on my own. If this all doesn't work out I'm going to buy a $30 right mirror replacement and be f*cking done with it. Finally sick and tired of not having a right mirror.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow. Haven't been on in forever. Still don't have a right mirror. I need to just give in and buy a new one. I'll get pulled over one of these days because of it knowing the great state of WI's law enforcement only enforce traffic and automotive laws. Panzies.

Had a loud engine knock after taking all those trips Up North and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me (I'm no mechanic and never will claim to be so it wasn't too hard to say "F*ck it".) Changed my oil, engine knock gone. Yay for easy fixes.

Game plan is to get the topper on and then pull all my LEDs out and put in bigger resistors. Driving at night has lost its fun and I've impressed everyone I could with em, so now its time to dim em down so I'm not blinded as hell.

Gotta rotate tires pretty quick here and I'm thinking mudflaps up front to keep the salt down.

Possibly re-herculine my cab just for the hell of it. I'm at the point where if my truck starts rotting, I'm gonna let it. It was a beaut in its age, but its golden years have passed and now its just a daily driver. No reason to think it'll get me laid if I clean it up. Girls prefer personality over what kind of truck he drives right? I'd like to hope so.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
, have I really put on nearly 6000 miles since I last was on here? God that seems like an aweful lot. Installed my fog lights and wired em up to my OEM fog switch. Probably gonna get different fog lights or driving lights and replace the current ones cause the current ones can only tilt so far up and pretty much point right at the ground. It looks cool when I'm coming towards someone, but as far as practicality for me? They are useless.

No major issues with my truck right now. Knock on wood. No topper this winter. Damn thing is buried in the garage and there is no point in taking it out halfway through winter.

Thats all I got bout my truck.