My 1997 Chevy Z71 "Black Betty" Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Here's a better photo of the current status of Betty.

I can't get enough of this lift and how good it looks with 285's!

You must be registered for see images attach

And here you can see my free hitch cover and my new 'tips' which is just more 2.5 ran out the back. I'm very glad to be rid of the 4" tips, it's sooo much quieter in the cab without all the reverberation and I can feel power gain when driving. They hurt it more than anything.

Update as of the last week of Feb. I've gained back 2 mpg without the tips!

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

Last edited:

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
frame will probably get painted sometime in the warmer future, tried to put the chrome step tubes I had on but it just didn't look right and it also made it not look as tall.. so those didn't happen.

now I'm thinking de-trim but keep the 1500 badges, still need to make some gap guards, smoothie front bumper, and possibly 60/40 bench.. still not sure about the bench but its something that i wanna try.

camaroman101

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks good with that lift, I wanna get a body lift this summer too. I've got 285/75/16 too with unfortunately 3.42s also. I wish the orignal buyer spent the extra hundred bucks or so to upgrade the gears in the options list. gas was dirt cheap back then! :whymewhyme:

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Truck looks good with that lift, I wanna get a body lift this summer too. I've got 285/75/16 too with unfortunately 3.42s also. I wish the orignal buyer spent the extra hundred bucks or so to upgrade the gears in the options list. gas was dirt cheap back then! :whymewhyme:

I certainly know your pain! I wish I had 3.73 cause then I'd be willing to get 305's but until I regear with 4.56 I'll keep with 285's... No way can I afford a tranny job anytime soon, if I could I'd already have 315's lol

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone