My 1997, $1200, Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimbaeumel

Reaction score
I bought this Truck back in June and Put a motor in it. Now that its running good, Ive turned my attention to cosmetics a little bit. I just got a set of NNBS 18s with Tires off Craigslist. Here is the before and after

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:
You must be registered for see images attach

jimbaeumel

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, the pictures make the paint/body look much better than it is. Its presentable, but has plenty of problems. The front bumper is a little crooked and when they put the body lift on they really hacked up the valance. The front end is my next project. I am going to get some new headlights and figure out something to do with that valance. Will the valance with no holes for the tow hooks work with a 3" body lift? I was wondering if the tow hooks would go under it without cutting. They are cheap on LMC.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, the pictures make the paint/body look much better than it is. Its presentable, but has plenty of problems. The front bumper is a little crooked and when they put the body lift on they really hacked up the valance. The front end is my next project. I am going to get some new headlights and figure out something to do with that valance. Will the valance with no holes for the tow hooks work with a 3" body lift? I was wondering if the tow hooks would go under it without cutting. They are cheap on LMC.

Go stock 4x4 valence. I have mine on, no cutting. Check my thread if you need to- I just put them inside the frame. And I would get some gap guards and a bumper relocator.

Looks awesome!!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
On my old 96 i discovered if you flip the towhooks, put them on the opposite sides inside the frame rail they will work with the valance with the towhook and without cutting the valance is a tight fit between the hooks and bumper

jimbaeumel

Reaction score
Go stock 4x4 valence. I have mine on, no cutting. Check my thread if you need to- I just put them inside the frame. And I would get some gap guards and a bumper relocator.

Looks awesome!!

Going back and forth on the gap guards. I pressure washed and sprayed the frame rails. You can see the difference in the pictures. Thatll keep me happy for now, but Definitely going to do the Bumper Relocator.... Got a couple quetions on that too. How stupid does the tow package look after you raise the bumper? I need to get the spare tire set up from a junk yard. When you raise the bumper how do you get the spare down?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Going back and forth on the gap guards. I pressure washed and sprayed the frame rails. You can see the difference in the pictures. Thatll keep me happy for now, but Definitely going to do the Bumper Relocator.... Got a couple quetions on that too. How stupid does the tow package look after you raise the bumper? I need to get the spare tire set up from a junk yard. When you raise the bumper how do you get the spare down?

I don't have a spare because they never work in Iowa- always rusted so you have to torch them off.

And I say a low tow bar is 600X better than a low bumper. Mine looks just fine :imo:

And you can just make gap guards (i bought mine :shrug:) but a lot of people just make theirs out of black plastic. Cheap and makes it looks a lot better.