My 1996 chevy RCSB 5.3/t56 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck. I need to hurry up and get me a daily driver so I can start my swap.
I have done them before and 3 day weekend is more than enough time to do it but i want to make everything look factory, clean and paint the frame. So want to take my time.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Man... I REALLY want to find an OBS tahoe to do this to now..

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck. I need to hurry up and get me a daily driver so I can start my swap.
I have done them before and 3 day weekend is more than enough time to do it but i want to make everything look factory, clean and paint the frame. So want to take my time.

I painted my frame as well and semi tucked the engine harness. It looks good but there are things I'm still not happy with. The best part of the whole build is the t56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love em, but 2 kids necessitates a 4 door.

Hey there's nothing wrong with a clean obs 4dr Tahoe. I have shopped around for some before I bought my current obs, but once I saw my truck I jumped on it immediately.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice man, I'm in the middle of stock piling all my parts for the swap. I got a CTSV T56 and a 6.0 (LY6), I should be starting the swap on in the next few months. I'm super excited and just ordered a fair bit of parts because it black Friday lol. Checkout my build thread.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice man, I'm in the middle of stock piling all my parts for the swap. I got a CTSV T56 and a 6.0 (LY6), I should be starting the swap on in the next few months. I'm super excited and just ordered a fair bit of parts because it black Friday lol. Checkout my build thread.
I will say that a ls swap with t56 is an awesome combo. The shifts are flawless and like silk(compared to my work truck obs 5 speed).

InsteG8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
:driver: Nice..... I'm gonna start collecting parts for my swap, 2dr 2wd Tahoe. Did you reuse your stock driveshaft?

I'll be sending multiple PM's once I start getting my parts collected. My Tahoe is a 96 so I assume any issues/problems you had I'll probably hit also.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Send all the questions you want, I enjoy helping people out on their swaps.

Yes I reused the stock driveshaft. When I was mocking up the engine in the truck with the 4l60e I used the transmission crossmember to locate everything that way nothing changed with the driveshaft.