My 1996 chevy RCSB 5.3/t56 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little update of my truck. I got it running and driving and all I can say is it was completely worth all the time money and frustration.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice truck.

If the mid mount shifter was available 15 years ago when I did my truck, I would have def used it. My T56 shifter is much further back (stock F body location)...

You must be registered for see images attach

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty thankful that mid shift is available. But I like how you utilized your console, i want to get an escalade full length console to use with mine. It looks ghetto with no boot or anything around if

cobalt

Reaction score
I'm about to do that exact swap.....different color and end design but 5.3 and t56 think I could bug you on a parts list of the conversion parts and simple stuff? And what rear gear your running?

jeebalow

Reaction score
I am doing a 5.3/t56/14bsf swap into my 95 as well, what master cylinder did you use and what did line from it to the slave cylinder did you use?

Your truck looks great! What are the drop/wheels/tires specs?

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm about to do that exact swap.....different color and end design but 5.3 and t56 think I could bug you on a parts list of the conversion parts and simple stuff? And what rear gear your running?

Sure bug me all you want, I like help when I can. If your buying an ls1 t56 the only conversion parts you would need is the mid shift and even that isn't necessary. I'm still running stock 3.42s, tax time will be covering new diff upgrades, a/c, and a cam.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet build. My dream for my truck is a 6.0 and a t56 so I will definitely stay tuned. My swap wont happen for at least 3 more years, gotta wait for my wife to get her doctorate and go back to work lol. Hopefully by then some of the prices will come down.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am doing a 5.3/t56/14bsf swap into my 95 as well, what master cylinder did you use and what did line from it to the slave cylinder did you use?

Your truck looks great! What are the drop/wheels/tires specs?

I actually used the clutch pedal assembly and master cylinder from my 95 parts truck. Went right in, for the line I used
off of eBay, I'm sure you could piece it together but for me convenience made the decision. The kit is a quality kit and hasn't had any issues as of yet.

One thing I will say about using the truck clutch master cylinder with the f body slave is it is super soft, it is my opinion that it's due to either the master cylinder not having a restriction in the line like the f bodies do or because the -4 line has more volume to it. Either way it's not a problem just gotta get used to it.

My drop is 3" coils, 2" mcgaughys spindles and belltech street performance shocks in the front and a mcgaughys flip, bolt in notch( I welded it), shackles, and air shocks.
The wheels are boss 338s 20x8/20x10 combo with sumitomo htr z III tires 245/40/20 front and 275/35/20 rear

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet build. My dream for my truck is a 6.0 and a t56 so I will definitely stay tuned. My swap wont happen for at least 3 more years, gotta wait for my wife to get her doctorate and go back to work lol. Hopefully by then some of the prices will come down.

Mine will get a 6.0 eventually, and my 5.3 will replace the worn 5.3 in my wife's hoe.