My 1994 383 Stroker ECSB "build" thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I'd make a build thread for my truck!

It's a 1994 GMC Sierra SLE ECSB 4x4, 383 Stroker, mild cam, Helix throttle body spacer, MSD Ignition system, with a 2" cowl hood and headers.

She's in the shop right now so I don't have the best pictures at the moment. Only had two gears in the 4L60E so she's getting another!

You must be registered for see images attach

(Forgive the dark shot and low tire)

Chrome rear bumper, 4x4 package (wish it was z71 but oh well!)

MSD Ignition system

Chrome valve covers :redface:

Installed a different radio, ordered a new one (one with an AUX port) which should be here this week!

Open headers for now, then nothing, then at the back there's two 2.5" pipes leading to 3" tips, for the space that's missing pipe, going to go with dual straights to the tips. Bottom of the truck is pretty clean minus some surface rust! Not bad for a 19 year old MN truck.

3" 45 degree tips out the back

Here's a quick video of gears 1 and 2 in action with some open header sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZOvCYIVbqc

Picked her up the way you see it for $1300. Too good of a deal to pass up, so I jumped on it! It's my baby now, friends nicknamed it The General (in commemoration of the original General Lee!)

What I've got planned:

Wheels and tires
Exhaust
New stereo
3" body lift
CB radio
4' Whippets
Two 10" subs (under rear seat, custom fit box) and possible upgrade of other speakers as well

Possibly:
Custom roll bar
Brush guard
Lights (LEDs/light bar?)

For now, the plan is to get the old transmission out and a different one in, and then get her on the road! I just ordered a B&M 20,500 BTU Supercooler oil cooler to keep the new tranny running great.

So while she's in the shop, my daily driver/winter beater is this old girl:

'88 SLE Sierra 5.7L 350 Z71. A whopping 264,000 miles and still kicking!

Last edited:

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sweet I got a built 350 with heads cam intake no cats and i love the way it sounds. Yours sounds good especially when you crack the gas pedal. Wonder what kinda power it runs and how much that msd box have i got the msd ignition just not that box.

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sweet I got a built 350 with heads cam intake no cats and i love the way it sounds. Yours sounds good especially when you crack the gas pedal. Wonder what kinda power it runs and how much that msd box have i got the msd ignition just not that box.

Yes I'm also curious what it's running!

Update, got some stuff in the mail:

I'll post installation pictures and reviews of each, hopefully I'll get the stereo in tonight!

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
is this your truck I saw it on thanksgiving around Rochester MN area?

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Central MN, that's all the more specific I'll get :p

About 3.5 hours from the Cities, which is why it's so hard to find a tranny...:Frustrated:

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
I'm in Cannon falls, I had my tranny done at bluebird auto works in north field for $1600

SixPointTwo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A friend just said he found a shop that I can get it fixed and/or rebuilt at in Alexandria, which is about an hour and a half away, we'll see how much it'll cost me. Otherwise I'll just buy a used one, not really sure what I'll do yet.