Mirror Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's what my truck will look like after I do the cummins swap and he straight axle. What should I do go to chevy tows or keep my dodge ones?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Depends on what you want it to do.

My personal opinion, and keep in mind this is only my opinion and not meant to sound demeaning or condescending:

Dodge tow mirrors out in the tow position with nothing behind the truck look......well........stupid. Dual rear wheel trucks can almost pull it off without looking.....well.....stupid.

The newer GM style mirrors don't look good to me at all but that's just a personal opinion.

I have the Dodge mirrors on my truck and I like being able to fold them down when not towing to look somewhat factory and to be able to flip them out when I need better visibility behind a trailer.

But, if you want to drive around with big tow mirrors out in the breeze and ease of installation, go for the GM ones.

My real preference on GMT400's is the factory mirrors, but they don't work for a vehicle that actually tows a significantly sized trailer.

Cheers

:)

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Youve already put the work in on the dodge mirrors, might as well keep em

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I think its for his other truck Danny... IMO ilike the GM ones much better. Like great white said, no offense to anyone... the dodge towing mirrors, open with nothing behind them... just doesnt look right. IMHO! Dont want to insult any one here.

MTM1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on what you want it to do.

My personal opinion, and keep in mind this is only my opinion and not meant to sound demeaning or condescending:

Dodge tow mirrors out in the tow position with nothing behind the truck look......well........stupid. Dual rear wheel trucks can almost pull it off without looking.....well.....stupid.

The newer GM style mirrors don't look good to me at all but that's just a personal opinion.

I have the Dodge mirrors on my truck and I like being able to fold them down when not towing to look somewhat factory and to be able to flip them out when I need better visibility behind a trailer.

But, if you want to drive around with big tow mirrors out in the breeze and ease of installation, go for the GM ones.

My real preference on GMT400's is the factory mirrors, but they don't work for a vehicle that actually tows a significantly sized trailer.

Cheers

:)

The dodge tows are on currently and I do run them up just because I prefer the view when they are up no other reason. I get it all the time that I'm pulling a ghost trailer but it really doesn't bother me. But this truck will be a show truck after its converted and SAS so I'm going for a clean appearance. I'm leaning towards the chevy tows but not sure. Oh and they will be color matched along with the grille and bumper

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Chevy tows are awesome but if your wanting clean the dodge mirrors folded down, plus like i said you already did the work for them

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Your truck looks great with the Dodge mirrors, but I say GM mirrors.

1- Look better (IMO)

2- You'll get less cross-brand banter from spectators who think they know everything

3- They flow better with the big-truck look

4- You know you want them.