Metra 95-300 Double din for 88-94 Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I was hoping someone else would have done it before me so I could decide if I liked it but you guys lollygagged too much :)

The instructions are pretty basic and they leave out a detail or two.

The dash before I cut anything:
You must be registered for see images attach

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
There is a large plastic wire guide that runs right where you need to cut so you'll want to pull it away from the dash before hand. This is the guide after the rough cut.

I ended up pulling the harness out of the guide and cut it flush with the right side dash cut. The loom with push down out of the way. I thought I had a picture but I can't find it.

This is the piece with the radio roughed in. I'm waiting on the paint/dye to dry right now. I will post finished pictures when I'm done.

I don't care for how the Kenwood DDX 373BT fits the Metra kit. I tried the radio in a couple other kits I have have laying around for other cars and the fit sucked too. I'm going to say it's this particular radio.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
someone has done this already. i've seen it but have no time to search right now.
from what i remember it turned out pretty much like yours did. i still like it.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
someone has done this already. i've seen it but have no time to search right now.
from what i remember it turned out pretty much like yours did. i still like it.

Someone made a custom deal, but I don't believe anyone has used the Metra kit yet.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy bat crap!!! I was so about to start directing my dash to fit a double din. I had even found some marine radios to pit in place of the pocket. It's part number 95-3000 not 300 though. I'll try to find a link to the guy that was making these.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually looks like you've already found the thread.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Holy bat crap!!! I was so about to start directing my dash to fit a double din. I had even found some marine radios to pit in place of the pocket. It's part number 95-3000 not 300 though. I'll try to find a link to the guy that was making these.

You're right I missed a zero. I learned the kit was available in a post on this site.

Last edited:

7echo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, is this a new item? I ask because I have researched radio options and since GM used the odd size thing there weren't many ways to get a new, modern DIN radio installed. I like the look of the OEM radio but mine is dead.

BTW, here is a link to the instructions for anyone interested. The note on the instructions are revised in Nov of '16.

http://www.metraonline.com/files/products/INST95-3000_web.pdf

Looks really good, looking forward to the finished images.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
So, is this a new item? I ask because I have researched radio options and since GM used the odd size thing there weren't many ways to get a new, modern DIN radio installed. I like the look of the OEM radio but mine is dead.

BTW, here is a link to the instructions for anyone interested. The note on the instructions are revised in Nov of '16.

http://www.metraonline.com/files/products/INST95-3000_web.pdf

Looks really good, looking forward to the finished images.

I'm like you I've been looking for a few years for something. There was the Driving Nashville kit a few years ago but the cost/benefit for me was too high. A couple of guys made their own. The best looking pieces eliminated the AC vents and that just isn't an option out here in Arizona for an old fat guy like me. Another guy made a hybrid kit out of two single din kits. Good work but I didn't like how the bottom of the radio was exposed.

The guy that found this kit and posted it here said he saw it in a new products flyer from Metra so I assume last November is about right for when they put it in the market.

I think I still have my factory radio pieces. If you really dig the factory set up send me a message via conversation and it's yours for shipping costs.