Mercury marine intake/supercharger Gen VI 454 7.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oxburg1377

Reaction score
Hey all looking for information on a marine intake swap for a 99 k3500 7.4 454. I've searched threads on it but haven't come up with anything. Is it worth it? Looking too use the marine intake and supercharger. Can't find a whipple.. anything related will help!

Oxburg1377

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by this. What is different about the marine intake? They aren't the same as what went in the truck?

I know that the stock intake had flow limitations. I was throwing around the idea that with the marine intake it could possibly help with air flow. As well as having the marine supercharger set up readily available verses looking for a used whipple. Some variety of the marine 454 use a similar intake and other not so much. Such as shorter runners.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
from what im researching its the same intake, from what my marine guys are telling me most of the just use truck ones with minor modification. USA-1 race guy says go full aftermarket both are medially the same. why? no i dont have specifics, theres a ton of info out there just no conclusive info. grab both and flow test them but.......i will personally take their word for it if they are saying its not worth the time.

if im wrong im wrong but i ditched the OEM on a Friends truck and just used a standard square bore FI intake with an elbow and 100+ ls style TB, then it went to CPCC, running a 411 computer with an 8.1 base tune, modified with injector and firing banks swapped to accommodate the cam of the 7.4;s firing order.