Mercury marine intake/supercharger Gen VI 454 7.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oxburg1377

Reaction score
Is there a way too hook up the efi 500 mercruiser Whipple side mount supercharger to the l29 with the stock intake then?

Oxburg1377

Reaction score
I am talking about this set up. It may not be the efi 500. But it's a side mount supercharger for the mercruiser 454

You must be registered for see images attach

Oxburg1377

Reaction score
So it's a 2.3L Whipple. I'm assuming twin screw but I haven't been able to find a lot of information on it. And from what I have found you can have a intercooler set up for it. It's supposed to have a piggy back copter for it as well. But I think with a 0411 comp. You wouldnt have to use that. But I haven't found anything for a conversion for the truck. Hence why I'm trying to find info.

Oxburg1377

Reaction score
I've thought about that as well. Was thinking that the location may interfere with the stock location of the alternator. Was kind of thinking of going with the accessorie brackets off of a marine block and going to electric fans.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My Whipple sits in that location as well. The Whipple kit includes a bracket to relocate the alternator to the driver's side.

Oxburg1377

Reaction score
So may not need to go that route. As long as I can acuire the needed parts and brackets. My thought behind this is a better flowing intake with a more available supercharger vs. The long runners on the truck and the ever elusive Whipple. Tell me I'm not crazy that this would be a viable option.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nahh, seems legit. Good luck finding those brackets separately from the blower though. I wouldn't bother with the intake if it didn't include the blower.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was the service manager for almost 3 years at a marine dealership where we sold boats up to 34 ft. with twin 8.1L and Alpha 3 stern drives. As fuel injection was coming out during the last part of the 90's, the Vortec engine was it. My dealings with Mercruiser / Mercury folks in Stillwater, OK., I found that they were Mercury parts only although they were supplied by outside vendors, it was their design. The intercooler was sea water pumped up by the belt driven sea water pump used on Alpha 3 stern drives as they did not have a pump inside the drive like the Alpha 1's. The engine was GM, yet came with three locations for the dipstick tube, depending on location of the engine allowing the oil to sucked out as the tube ran to the bottom-back of the pan. The other locations were plugged. I do not think the parts will be sourced outside of the marine industry. Strange, protective sure, but this comes from an industry that the old salty sea dogs that set the rules, believe an electric fuel pump does not belong inside the tank....