Manifold Gasket parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't see how you're getting the intake out of the valley without removing at least the driver side valve cover. The tabs on the intake hang on the lip of the VC, hence the reason the manifold set includes one VC gasket.
You're probably right on that; I haven't had to do a small block Vortec intake personally. All the other small blocks I've done, valve covers can stay on. :) Last one I did was my '94 5.7 TBI, only ended up taking them off after intake removal so that I could clean and repaint them.

Richard

CrashCarson

Reaction score
So is it like the TBI anyone? In the sense that each plug can only go in one place?

I've been told by a couple shops that have been recommended that it would be $425-450, is that a fair price? Doesn't seem too bad, includes parts though nothing replaced except for the gaskets and heater hose quick disconnect, oil, coolant.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the plugs are keyed to only got in one place. The wiring harness will have formed, if you will, to the way that it is routed on the engine, so that when you put the harness back on top of the engine, it's generally obvious where the plugs go. Option B is take a lot of pictures of the various components and refer back to them later. Option C is to buy a large assortment of multicolored zip ties (harbor freight) and give each connector its own color combination. I do something similar to this when taking apart complex hydraulic systems, so I can remember where all the connections go. The price you were quoted sounds fair. Be sure they are using the Felpro PermaDry Plus set (part number MS98000T) do you get the updated style gaskets and won't have to worry about this problem again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CrashCarson

Reaction score
Well I decided on paying for it to be done. Forgot to ask specifically if it's with with upgraded gaskets. $100 for parts. Will ask when i bring it in. Should it cost any more to have the upgraded gaskets put on? They're only like $60 on auto zones website...don't know the price for the original gasket that fails.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're not a whole lot more, only 20 bucks more from RockAuto, so maybe 30 or so at the parts store. Part number above is for the upgrades.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk