LT1 2nd gen version power steering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make life simple , get adapters as required for both ends , if needed, install a quality steel braid Teflon hose. Done last long time. Why waste time searching and fitment frustration. It's not gonna look anymore stock , couple bucks for better materials.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the pump will be fine. worst case you change the flow control valve down the road. the older saginaw pumps gpm is overkill anyway, most of it ends up getting bypassed and wastes HP
no, the only issue here is that the type 2 may need an underdrive pully because it needs to spin faster to produce the same flow which is fine but it also uses a different size thread and flow control valve so its not a direct swap, but its not hard to swap either

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im using a gen 1 intake, just have to redrill holes in intake. If you look at the picture it has a victor jr on it, swapped to carb before pulling engine. Real easy to do. I have an air gap intake Im going to use. Gmpp intake is 500 bucks, way too much for me. I have main and rod bearings already from another project, so no new costs for that if even needed. I may get a performance water pump, which is around $300, but may pass on that for now. May have to get radiator hoses and something to get power steering hose on. Should be a cheap swap.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im using a gen 1 intake, just have to redrill holes in intake. If you look at the picture it has a victor jr on it, swapped to carb before pulling engine. Real easy to do. I have an air gap intake Im going to use. Gmpp intake is 500 bucks, way too much for me. I have main and rod bearings already from another project, so no new costs for that if even needed. I may get a performance water pump, which is around $300, but may pass on that for now. May have to get radiator hoses and something to get power steering hose on. Should be a cheap swap.
I swapped a B-body LT1 into my late 80s boxy. very easy swap especially considering the 94-96 b-bodies use the same chassis from 77-96. i had the cost of an engine gasket set and a GMPP cam i got a decade ago before it was $500. 4L60E bolted in with stock crossmember, I just had to swap the 700R4 tailhousing over and drilled a hole in the output shaft (NOT EASY!) so I could run speedo gesrs and retain the stock speedo&cable.