"Lt. Dan" - 1989 C1500 Regular Cab SWB NASCAR tribute and Autocross Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubbaGump

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a few little jobs done today. Got all the cotter pins in the spindles and balljoints.

Removed the rear antilock brake module. Just waiting on a adapter fitting to get it buttoned up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Started putting the interior back together.

Finished de-gunkify-ing the trans and got a couple of coats of the stock color paint on it.

Yes, it's a SM465. Don't have money for a T56 or even a NP4500, and the NV3500 would simply explode considering the power I should be making. Again, just trying to make a fun driver.

BubbaGump

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the adapter fitting for the brakes when eliminating the RWAL.

And I also went and pulled this greasy lump out of my old Camaro.

It's been in unsecured storage for about 5 years (an old 16x16 vinyl military tent on my parents' property), and sometime during that time someone went in and took out four of the eight spark plugs. Why I have no idea. But that let moist air in the cylinders and now it's stuck. However, I hope this stuff will save the day:

I've got it soaking in one bank of cylinders right now, and then I'll flip the engine over and let it work in the other side. If that doesn't work, I'll pull the heads off and see how bad it is. The motor is a pretty low mile rebuild but it's just been sitting.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Swap the 4 plugs in the side that's sitting and dump that down the other side.