Lowering a K1500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muskratt2

Reaction score
I have an old style 99 K1500 Suburban. I want to lower it & I have been looking at a kit from Belltech for it.
The front is torsion bars & the rear is leaf springs.
A friend of mine lowered his Chevrolet pickup in the front without buying a kit & just bought the kit for the rear.
He said though on the front he cranked down the torsion bars 2" & it has a rough ride.
My question here is do I need the kit for the front or can I just crank down the torsion bars till I get 2" lower & be ok?
What is the kit needed for?
Will the kit help the ride & alignment or will it be the same without it?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an old style 99 K1500 Suburban. I want to lower it & I have been looking at a kit from Belltech for it.
The front is torsion bars & the rear is leaf springs.
A friend of mine lowered his Chevrolet pickup in the front without buying a kit & just bought the kit for the rear.
He said though on the front he cranked down the torsion bars 2" & it has a rough ride.
My question here is do I need the kit for the front or can I just crank down the torsion bars till I get 2" lower & be ok?
What is the kit needed for?
Will the kit help the ride & alignment or will it be the same without it?
Just did my Tahoe with the Belltech kit, 2" drop shackles and keys that go 1-3" has a slight rake too it looks great

You must be registered for see images

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just did my Tahoe with the Belltech kit, 2" drop shackles and keys that go 1-3" has a slight rake too it looks great

How much did you drop it in the front?
Did you have any alignment issues?
The front is down 3" if you go beyond 3" thats where you have issues, Belltech makes an aligment kit for lowered trucks if you can't get it right, Eibach makes one too, drives and handles great just need to get it aligned this week